High Voltage is looking for a Technical Game Designer to join our growing team. In this role, you'll utilize your experience, knowledge of design tools, and a great sense of scale to push the quality of the project and delight players with fresh experiences. If you are a game designer who thrives on creating engaging experiences, we'd like to hear from you.
- Designing fun experiences for our players. How can we think outside the box to deliver something new?
- Owning implementation of large parts of these experiences from start to finish. Blueprint Scripting, Replication, sequences, replays etc.
- Work closely with design leadership to implement and polish compelling gameplay experiences.
- Utilize Unreal Blueprint to implement in game content.
- Be the go-to person for the implementation of complex content that stretches the capabilities of existing systems, or projects that require heavy artist/designer/engineer interaction.
- Iterate, polish and balance game play systems and mechanics.
- Be an advocate for player experience and create compelling user stories.
- Test and verify your work on target hardware.
- 3+ years of game design experience with at least one shipped game.
- Creating your own functional prototypes.
Expertise with visual scripting languages; specifically, with UE4 Blueprints.
- Ability to think creatively and analytically with an in-depth understanding of how gameplay works and how to create fun, meaningful experiences for the player.
- Knowledge of UE4 Sequencer.
- A strong, innate sense of design willing to proactively identify design and technical issues and willing to tackle or get help when appropriate.
- Technically competent and able to work autonomously in a small team environment within a larger team.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate your ideas and collaborate with others.
- Passion for video games.
- Must be currently eligible to work in the USA and onsite in New Orleans, LA or Hoffman Estates, IL
- C++/C# experience.
- A broad skill set is a strength! We are a small team, so cross discipline skills are highly valued.
- Experience with network replication.
If you have a passion for games and you meet the criteria above, then we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume with a portfolio and we'll be in touch soon.
All positions are located at our office in New Orleans, LA or Hoffman Estates, IL.
How can High Voltage supercharge your future?
High Voltage Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, State or local law.