Technical Game Designer
7 days ago
Demiurge Studios is seeking a Technical Game Designer with deep Unreal expertise to join our growing team in an on-site or remote capacity. You’ll blend sharp design sensibilities with technical skills to solve moment-to-moment gameplay design challenges, create intuitive controls while developing workflows and tools that make your team more efficient and creative. You’ll help launch a new game for a voracious, passionate audience, then refine and extend it once it’s live.
As an experienced technical game designer, you have a passion for games and an understanding of the systems that contribute to making a game “feel” good. Your strong game design background and extensive experience in Unreal allow you to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams to creatively solve challenging Blueprint and Unreal Motion Graphics (UMG) problems. You can pinpoint the key characteristics necessary for a game's success and relentlessly prioritize to make them shine. You love games of all sorts - but your true passion is making a great game that engages and surprises others.
- Collaborate with an agile, cross-functional team to ensure a responsive, fun and engaging player experience.
- Drive design implementation with hands-on work with Blueprint in Unreal, through all development phases, from concept to live operations.
- Prototype and iterate on controls, UI designs, and game logic using UMG.
- Rapidly respond to and iterate on feedback and performance indicators.
- Drive improvement in our design tools and pipelines.
- Extensive experience working in Unreal, including significant implementation and integration work with Blueprint and UMG.
- Strong knowledge of moment-to-moment game theory and design best practices.
- Proactive and self-motivated with the ability to deliver high quality designs on time.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey designs clearly and effectively.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Preference to applicants with:
- Experience with prototyping and pre-production
- Experience designing responsive control schemes for action games on mobile
- UX design experience
- Team leadership experience
- A background in software engineering
Demiurge Studios is a rapidly growing video game developer based in Boston, MA. Creating games is our passion and we bring years of expertise to our projects. The teams at Demiurge build fun, accessible games like our hit, Marvel Puzzle Quest. We also provide co-development services to larger, best-in-industry game companies. In that capacity, Demiurge has contributed to titles such as Bioshock, Rock Band, and Mass Effect.
Demiurge Studios is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, or Veteran status. Demiurge Studios also makes workplace accommodations for individuals with disabilities or special needs.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.