Technical Game Designer
12 days ago
The design team at Build a Rocket Boy is expanding! We’re looking for a passionate and exceptional Technical Game Designer to come join us here in our newly refurbished Edinburgh office.
As a member of the Design team you’ll work closely with the game director, code departments and the core design group to create and maintain the vision across the Everywhere project.
Our ideal candidate will be an insightful and creative team player with an enthusiasm for creating accessible systems, maintaining impeccable design documentation and working iteratively towards building one of the most ambitious projects in games. A strong eye for detail combined with clear and concise communication is a must.
- Oversee multiple features, workflows and standards of a major area of the project.
- Maintain a foundation of clear, concise and accessible game design documentation.
- Demonstrate technical mastery of design pipelines and content in major areas of the project.
- Become a hub of knowledge for the game for all production disciplines.
- Communicate technical constraints to our design team and ensure best practices are observed.
- Taking high level GDDs and creating technical docs for teams.
- Ability to analyse and evaluate information and communicate to the team.
- Continually iterate, balance and tune features and gameplay based on feedback from stakeholders.
- Foster a positive team culture by building agreement and using collaborative approaches to conflict resolution.
- At least 1 major game or 3 years of experience as a Technical Designer.
- Strong portfolio of projects or features you can break down and discuss.
- Experience working with logic structures with a focus on reuse and modularity.
- Experience working with visual scripting languages.
- Open and ready to iterate and adapt based on gameplay needs or technical challenges.
- A working knowledge of standard industry game engines, design toolsets and production pipelines.
- You value good documentation which is descriptive and to the point.
- A passion for games and an ability to articulate that passion clearly and analytically.
- You have a positive attitude and the ability to motivate others.
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.