Technical Game Designer III, Unpublished R&D Product
9 days ago
As a Technical Game Designer III, you'll be working closely with designers to help define the direction of an exciting new gaming experience and how it is developed from a tools and workflows standpoint. You’ll also be working with the engineering team as they collaborate with designers to develop tools for Unity that will unlock designers ability to generate and deliver content efficiently to players at launch. Your problem solving skills and deep understanding of design development needs allows you to find unique solutions to workflow challenges that keeps the team ever moving forward.
As a Technical Game Designer III within Research & Development, you’ll design and implement both in-game and out-of-game features on an unannounced project. Working on a small interdisciplinary team, you will have autonomy to balance your priorities and contribute across multiple design spaces to maximize your impact on shaping the game from an early stage. You will report to the Design Manager in your local office.
- Understand the relevant developer audiences and goals for the product’s design tools and advocate for solutions that will match their needs
- Design and explain a variety of possible solutions, including the tradeoffs between them, to the team and collaboratively reach the best solution
- Rapidly prototype solutions in Unity or other tools where applicable to validate them
- Create design documents and frameworks that help align the team around your solutions
- 5+ years of experience in professional game design or technical game design
- 3+ years of experience in professional engineering
- Experience designing systems in large, ambiguous spaces
- Experience with designing progression systems
- Experience leading development on features in a rapid development environment
- Experience working on a live ops content delivery game
- Experience with tools or workflows design
- 6+ years of experience in professional game design or technical game design
- 4+ years of experience in professional engineering
- Experience with in-game mechanics and system design
- Experience mentoring other designers
- Experience developing in Unity
- Deep knowledge of mobile games and empathy for mobile players
- Deep knowledge of live content delivery games and empathy for content designers
- Knowledge of our specific genre, which will be revealed during the interview process
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.