5 days ago
Reporting to the Producer, the Technical Director will create and deliver the title in co-production with Ubisoft Studio worldwide, leveraging on key technology and design breakthrough.
Technology & Project Management
- Prepare, plan and execute the strategy for the console generation change.
- Define and promote what the Next Generation AAA experience will be. Make this vision happen.
- Define the technology that is the most adapted to the project; understand the engine, the middle ware and their constraints
- With the Leads, manage the development progress and identify the programming tasks and time estimates
- Ensure that the game is being built with the right methodology and best coding practices, tech briefs, code reviews and keeping in mind long term quality and potential future code sharing
- Identify project risks and the contingency plans to put in place with the team
- Align the Singapore team with the team in other Ubisoft studio
- Propose and develop the best tools and dev processes to guarantee the team’s efficiency
- Ensuring the technology completion and success of each milestone targets
- Make regular internal communications and maintain a great team atmosphere
- Be the Gate Keeper of the project, particularly at the end of the project to ensure a good finish (Debugging, Optimization, TRCs etc.).
- Show exemplary commitment and communication style, even in critical situations
- Demonstrate leadership, charisma, enthusiasm and sense of commitment
- Manage the performance of the development team staff and manage his direct reports
- Ensures the recruiting, on-boarding, development and professional training of team
- Communicates the project plan to the team on regular basis
- Take the role of coach: inspire, motivate rather than directing
- Make sure each team leads define clear and challenging objectives to their team member
- Propose solutions to improve the development of the projects in the studio
- Identify and promote the application of best ideas
- Growing the studio competencies and awareness, defining the Platform architecture and specs the Group
- Share constructive experience internally and externally in the Group
- At least 10 years leadership experience preferably in games
- Excellent leader and communicator; able to motivate, influence, and inspire at all levels
- Able to articulate a strong vision of technology as a means to customer value
- Relevant experience working on AAA titles, current and next-gen consoles
To all recruitment agencies: Ubisoft does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Ubisoft employees or any other company location. Ubisoft is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
Ubisoft Singapore opened its doors in July 2008 and has since become the largest AAA lead studio in Asia. We are proud of our expertise in naval technology and very excited to bring a brand new online, naval, open world IP to you – the pirate game Skull and Bones!
Our other notable achievements include working on every Assassin’s Creed game since Assassin’s Creed II, and being the innovators of naval gameplay in Assassin’s Creed III, Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, Assassin’s Creed Rogue and Assassin’s Creed Origins. And did you know - Ubisoft Singapore works closely with Ubisoft Chengdu and Ubisoft Philippines as an Armada of three studios! We can’t wait to bring exhilarating and unforgettable gameplay experiences to you.
Find out more about us on our website: singapore.ubisoft.com