8 days ago
Tangent Animation is expanding and looking for a Technical Director . The main role is to develop solutions and troubleshoot problems that affect production data and artist workflows. The TD will work with other members of our growing Production Technology team as well as communicat e directly with crew from other studio departments .
- Help design workflows and tools to improve the performance and efficiency for studio departments
- Support the studio departments technical issues
- Maintain existing custom pipeline tools
- Apply best development practices when implementing tools and new system workflows by writing effective unit tests and initiating code reviews
- Report to Pipeline and DFX Supervisors
- 3+ year experience as a Technical director in the industry a plus
- A computer science degree (or equivalent) a plus
- Maintain knowledge up to date with new advances in "industry-specific technical developments"
- Proficiency in python scripting
- Proficiency in PyQt scripting a plus
- Experience developing for a USD-based pipeline a strong plus
- Knowledge of "C" and/or "C++" languages a plus
- Proficiency with multiple industry-specific software packages (Maya, Houdini, Substance Painter/Designer, Blender, Nuke, Avid, Zbrush etc.)
- Experience with Houdini, Solaris, HOM and HDK a strong plus
- Strong understanding of pipelines for Feature Animation and data flows between studio departments
Tangent Animation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
Tangent Animation is a high-end feature animation studio focused on delivering the best creative with the industries top talent. Our locations are Winnipeg, Toronto, and Vancouver.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted