Toronto Ontario Canada
14 days ago
Tangent Animation is the vision of Animation and Film Production industry professionals, with combined experience that encompasses CG Animation, Live Action Film Production, Visual Effects, and Software Development. Tangent Animation employs open source solutions to create high quality animated feature films. What sets us apart from many other studios is our use of Blender, an open source software to make our animated films. We are scouting for the best talent and enthusiastic people who are eager to join our amazing team!
Duties and responsibilities:
- Design workflows and tools to improve the performance and efficiency of any of the studio departments (modeling, layout, animation, surfacing, rigging, crowds, VFX, lighting).
- Prototyping quickly ideas as "proof of concept" for new tool developments.
- Support the studio departments with quick technical issues.
- Maintain and troubleshoot bugs on existing custom pipeline tools.
- Attention to detail when implementing tools and new systems workflows.
- Proficiency with multiple industry-specific software packages (Maya, Blender, Houdini, Zbrush, Substance Painter/Designer, nuke etc.)
- Reporting to the CG Supervisors and other leads to help design solutions and workflow.
- 3+ year experience as a Technical director in the industry a plus.
- A computer science degree (or equivalent) a plus.
- Maintain knowledge up to date with new advances in "industry-specific technical developments".
- Proficiency in python scripting.
- Proficiency in PyQt scripting a plus.
- Knowledge of "C" and/or "C++" languages a plus
- Strong understanding of pipeline workflow interaction between the studio departments (modeling, layout, animation, surfacing, rigging, crowds, shot finaling, character finaling, vfx and lighting).
- Great company culture, with a team that is very technically proficient, highly motivated & excited to work on projects that will change the industry
- Competitive health and dental benefits
- Casual dress-code
Tangent Animation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.