13 days ago
With a passion to deliver high-end cinematic games, Supermassive Games is carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry. Want to join us on the journey?
Supermassive Games are seeking a Technical Director to work on one of our exciting new projects!
We’ve customised Unreal Engine to build a suite of powerful, world-class systems and tools that underpin our games. Now we need your help to take this to the next level.
We are aiming to build a new franchise which delivers stylised visuals and high production values in real time, so we’re engaging with industry-leading, next generation features for rendering, content creation simulation that will intensify the player experience.
You will be a key part of the senior leadership team for one of our games. Your responsibilities will include:
- Elevating the stylised world defined by the Creative Director incorporating characters and environment through cutting-edge technology. We want to push the boundaries of areas such as hair and cloth simulation, cameras, VFX and lighting.
- Collaborating with the other discipline directors to provide a clear vision for the game, and help to communicate that vision to the team
- Providing pragmatic technical solutions to support the features of the game.
- Giving technical advice to help with project planning
- Working closely with the programming leads across the studio to ensure high quality code that meets the requirements of the game
What we're looking for:
- Breadth of Knowledge – you have broad knowledge of game development, spanning both the technical and creative areas of production.
- Great Communicator – you are able to communicate clearly with and get the best out of groups and individuals. You are able to rapidly understand requirements and issues, in order to accurately specify solutions.
- Skilled Engineer – you have excellent programming skills, but with a director-level perspective.
- Proven Background – you have been a major player in the production of AAA titles.
- Experience shipping games on console or PC. Detailed knowledge of SDK and technical requirements of Sony PlayStation 4 and 5, Microsoft Xbox One and S|X Series, or high-end Windows PC.
You also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Always striving for quality
- Creative and innovative
Why Join Us?
- We make big games with small teams - you will play a full and active role
- Challenging and rewarding projects as standard
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension and life assurance
- Social events - including large summer party
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making allows good ideas to flourish
- We celebrate and nurture talent
- Our supportive, inclusive and friendly team culture is something we are proud of
- Work-life balance is something we respect and protect
- Ultimately, you’ll work on the cutting edge - making innovative and immersive game