Technical Director, New Game
1 month ago
Niantic Studios Los Angeles is looking for an experienced engineering leader to join our growing studio. As a Technical Director on a project, you will be responsible for helping to lead the Engineering team’s efforts within a project to deliver an outstanding mobile AR game experience. As a leader, your efforts will be instrumental in directing the project to grow by helping to solve more and more unique challenges.
You will work closely with our internal partners of the Niantic Platform team, ensuring that our studio is connected and informed with the latest technological advances within Niantic.
- Oversee all technical aspects of a project, including creation of technical designs, system architecture, documentation, and development processes, as well as assisting with sprint planning and helping with task prioritization.
- Foster and maintain strong technical relationships between external partners.
- Managing reports, and actively directing the performance of your team through mentoring, conducting regular 1:1s, and setting clear and measurable goals.
- Partner closely with Niantic’s product organization and effectively collaborate with other departments to ensure high-quality features using all that Niantic has to offer.
- 7+ years working in well-established mobile game development studios, with some of that time at Lead level or above.
- Expert in Unity3D development
- Passionate about sharing knowledge and happy to coach your junior colleagues.
- Have shipped more than one major title.
- Experience developing AR games.
- Experience with Java.
- Experience at all stages of product development from prototyping to live.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.