London England GB
9 days ago
Mediatonic is looking for an experienced engineer to help accelerate the studios’ growth in creating increasingly ambitious console and PC games. You’ll be working on a new original IP, from it's conception, targeting next-gen platforms.
This project is probably the most ambitious we've embarked upon and we need someone to build and lead the team creating it. If you're looking to take on a big challenge, and work on something completely new, that you can have an enormous impact on - we want to hear from you.
You can expect to:
- Oversee the project's code architecture and technical vision from the beginning.
- Work closely with art, design, production and our server teams to design, plan and implement game features and systems
- Actively participate in all aspects of the development process
- Champion quality, and modern development best practises
- Support the technical development of the project’s engineering team through management, mentoring, training and feedback.
- Play an active role in recruitment to build a world class engineering team
- Collaborate with other Technical Directors and the senior engineer team across the organisation to promote cross-project knowledge and code sharing
- Experience working at a senior level across multiple console and PC titles - this could be as a Technical Director or a Senior/Lead looking to take the next step!
- Knowledge of Unity and Unreal (UE4) is preferred
- Experience working on networked, multiplayer games
- You are an expert into multiple areas such as physics, AI, networking, gameplay or rendering
If you're up to the task of taking on something incredibly ambitious, with the backing of a studio that's been creating games for over 14 years, then this is the job for you.
Considering the early stage we're at, there's a chance here to make a very real impact on how things turn out and really make the role and project your own. We're an exceptionally collaborative and agile studio, where the best idea always wins and we're open to anything that's going to benefit our players.
Mediatonic is one of the UK's largest independent game developers with around 200 people across 6 locations worldwide. With incredibly diverse games, from top-grossing mobile titles, to hardcore PC simulators, from major IPs to completely original titles. Above all, we take pride in crafting games that challenge and inspire us and we invest in technology that will keep us at the forefront of the industry.We hire experts to take on the biggest creative and technical challenges we can get our hands on and we invest in our people for the long term.In the coming years, we have plans to grow across all our studios/locations, in order to achieve this we are looking to hire a Technical Director to join us - preferably in our London studio but we'd consider Brighton or even remote for the right person.
Are you interested in creating moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal of making great games appeal to you? Did we mention our out of control but totally cool sticker obsession?