This job might no longer be available.
En Masse Entertainment
7 months ago
POSITION TITLE: Technical Director
Lead and manage multi-lingual, multi-functional technical teams, including game platform development and development operations teams, and coordinate their efforts with our Korean parent company to plan and prioritize development of game platform features. Triage issues from product managers, developers and testers. Ensure solutions are identified, scheduled and executed. Ensure cross-team alignment on goals, priorities, roadmap and schedules. Communicate status and health of the releases to cross-regional, multi-lingual stakeholders, including product managers, technical teams and Korea-based teams. Define and balance roles and responsibilities among teams. Identify opportunities for process improvement and measure the impact of related initiatives. Manage professional employees (software developers and network engineers). Travel to Korea twice per year for approximately 3 weeks total per year.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a closely related technical field, or the foreign equivalent. Five years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience managing multi-functional technical teams including development operations teams and software development teams responsible for designing and developing any combination of gaming publishing and account-management platforms, including the following:
- Two years of this experience must include managing software development teams working on gaming platforms, as well as experience leading and managing a cross-regional and multi-language development team.
- Five years of experience leading online product launches.
- Five years of experience using any combination of Java-based framework and Ruby on Rails.
- Five years of experience designing Linux-based server application on both on-premise and cloud server environment.
- Five years of experience planning and prioritizing development of game publishing or account-management platform features and triaging issues.
- Five years of experience identifying process improvement opportunities.
- Must have experience leading at least one new game publishing or account-management platform launch.
Experience may be gained concurrently. Must be fluent in Korean.
Must be willing & able to travel to Korea twice per year for approximately 3 weeks total per year.
LOCATION OF EMPLOYMENT: 40 hours/week; in Seattle, WA.