Orlando Florida United States
3 days ago
If you are ready to make a difference with world class technologies and development teams to deliver mobile games that reach and delight the most avid consumers worldwide then we have the role for you.
The Quality Engineering (QE) Technical Director for our EA SPORTS organization is responsible for providing technology solutions in support of EA’s global game development and test process. This role will influence both the tactical project level decisions and strategic Quality Engineering evolution of the EA SPORTS teams.
As a critical partner of development and test teams, the Technical Director provides engineering, architecture, reporting and quality consulting, and drives the team’s technology based development and test strategy to ensure we deliver the leading entertainment products and ecosystems that are expected from EA.
The role requires a personality type that is outgoing, dynamic, enthusiastic and able to network successfully across a large number of groups and individuals in both the Development and Quality Verification (QV) domains to build and maintain excellent relationships and communications channels. As technical leaders, candidates need to be self driven, independent, able to multitask and prioritize based on ROI analysis, achieve consensus with the various parties and drive customer satisfaction.
Professional experience in software development from architectures, through C# and C++ to quality engineering best practices are required as well as experience in the mobile field.
What the Technical Director – Quality Engineering will do:
Strategy & Planning
- Build a strategy/roadmap that will lay foundation and framework for both the short term and long term future of Quality Engineering for the SPORTS org at EA by partnering with stakeholders to execute against robust and innovative plans that enhance and optimize our development and testing strategies while exploring cutting-edge technologies and best practices
- Lead the development of QE development & testing tools, automated testing and reporting strategies for SPORTS mobile game titles
- Drive innovation and manage opportunities
- Understand build vs buy
- Be accountable for the technical proficiency of the QV game testers
- Assist Game Testing owners to understand the technology opportunities for, and requirements of, their testing strategies
Implementation & Deployment
- Monitor Quality Engineering (QE) tools creation/performance and drive resolution of any failures.
- Provide consulting to game teams on automated testing strategies and reporting mechanisms at the sub-feature, feature, and game title level.
- Provide technical oversight and direction to the embedded QV game testing teams.
- Oversee internal and external project dependencies, risks and critical paths; ensure contingency plan is in place; recommend solutions and approve plan & timelines; understand overall impact on all stakeholders.
- Drive solutions deployment and collect customer feedback.
- Ensure technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ensure that internal technological processes and customer-facing services comply with expectations.
- Help create a strong and coherent technical community by developing excellent relationships with technical peers in game development teams and other Quality Engineering groups throughout EA studios.
- Participate in recruitment, training & coaching of technical QE and QV personnel to enhance individual effectiveness and professional growth.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or Software Engineering or equivalent
- A minimum of 8 years experience as a developer, preferably in the Video Game development
- C++ and C# proficiency
- iOS and Android development experience
- Industry technical experience working on tools, test automation and/or development process improvements.
- Knowledgeable in software lifecycle, modern testing methods and good understanding of continuous integration.
- Excellent organizational communication and management skills with a strong desire to contribute to a unique creative environment by utilizing world-wide talent.
- Project management skills demonstrated by the ability to define tasks in a well-organized manner, based on proper resource and time management. Agile knowledge is a plus
- Training and presentation skills
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of performance and code optimizations techniques
- Must understand concurrency and multithreaded programming
- Experience using configuration management and software management suites and tools
- Performance Competencies (Non-Technical Skills)
- Passion for the entertainment industry and distributed development.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, face-to-face, written and presentation.
- Excellent detail-oriented, problem solving skills
- Experience of customer service
- Able to quickly assess situations, troubleshoot complex problems and keep a calm head under tight time constraints and high pressure.
- Self-starter and ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions with little supervision.
- Ability to review, evaluate and qualify technical skills
- Ability to mentor, coach and develop technical staff
- Ability to travel, minimally
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
“EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.”