This job might no longer be available.
Quality Engineering Technical Director
Orlando Florida United States
7 months ago
The Quality Engineering (QE) Technical Director for our EA SPORTS organization provides technology solutions to support EA’s global game development and test process. You will help guide both the tactical project level decisions and Quality Engineering evolution of the EA SPORTS teams.
As an essential partner of development and test teams, the Technical Director provides engineering, architecture, reporting and quality consulting, and inspires the team’s technology-based development and test strategy to deliver the leading entertainment products and ecosystems that are expected from EA.
We ask that you have a personality type that is outgoing, dynamic, enthusiastic and network across multiple groups and individuals in both the Development and Quality Verification (QV) domains to develop excellent relationships and communications channels. As technical leaders, your goal will be to achieve agreement with your partners and promote customer satisfaction.
Professional experience in software development from architectures, through C# and C++ to quality engineering best practices are required and experience in the mobile field.
What the Technical Director – Quality Engineering will do:
Strategy & Planning
- Build a roadmap to lay foundation and framework for both the short-term and long-term future of Quality Engineering for the SPORTS group at EA by partnering with partners to accomplish creative plans that enhance and optimize our development and testing strategies while exploring technologies and best practices
- Lead the development of QE development and testing tools, automated testing and reporting strategies for SPORTS mobile game titles
- Inspire creativity and manage opportunities
- Understand build vs buy
- Be accountable for the technical proficiency of the QV game testers
- Assist Game Testing owners to understand the technology opportunities for, and requirements of, their testing strategies
Implementation & Deployment
- Monitor Quality Engineering (QE) tools creation/performance and resolve any failures.
- Provide consulting to game teams on automated testing strategies and reporting mechanisms at the sub-feature, feature, and game title level.
- Provide technical oversight and direction to the embedded QV game testing teams.
- Oversee our project requirements, risks and essential paths; ensure contingency plan is in place; recommend solutions and approve plan and timelines; understand overall impact on all partners.
- Drive solutions deployment and collect customer feedback.
- Ensure technical problems are resolved quickly and in a cost-effective manner.
- Ensure that internal technological processes and customer-facing services comply with expectations.
- Help create an expert technical community by developing excellent relationships with technical peers in game development teams and other Quality Engineering groups throughout EA studios.
- Participate in recruitment and training of technical QE and QV personnel to enhance individual effectiveness and professional growth.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or Software Engineering or equivalent
- 8 years + experience as a developer, preferably in the Video Game development
- C++ and C# proficiency
- iOS and Android development experience
- Industry technical experience working on tools, test automation and development process improvements.
- Knowledgeable in software lifecycle, modern testing methods and good understanding of continuous integration.
- SCRUM Master/Project management experience
- Agile knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of performance and code optimizations techniques
- Must understand concurrency and multithreaded programming
- Experience using configuration management and software management suites and tools
- Performance Competencies (Non-Technical Skills)
- Passion for the entertainment industry and distributed development.
- Mentor technical staff
- Travel (minimal)
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes excellent people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that powered by creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
“EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.”