11 days ago
Crytek is looking for a Technical Director to drive the development of Hunt: Showdown.
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Be the vision holder of technology, take initiatives and push departments to create the best project possible following the game vision.
- Maintain and improvetechnical quality level of the product including stability, performance, maintainability and scalability of features and services.
- Work with the engine team to streamline development roadmap and priorities across different teams and products.
- Manage a team of experienced tech leads, provide mentorship and ensure the team is aligned on goals and priorities.
- Work closely with recruitment to attract and win top talent.
- In collaboration with all relevant stakeholders define feature priorities and release deliverables.
- Work closely with leads of all discipline to evaluate project scope and design on the technical requirements and feasibility and direct the development to fit into those requirements.
- Check the state of development tools and production pipeline regularly to fit the project requirements.
- Keep up with the latest technology trends.
- 10+ years of professional experience in the software or games development domain, with at least 3 years in a Lead Engineer capacity.
- Worked on at least one AAA title from start to finish as a technical lead.
- Excellent understanding of C++ in the game development environment
- Solid understanding of Cloud services
- Excellent understanding of the tool pipeline for asset creation.
- Excellent English communication and writing skills.
- Experience in game development on PCs (Windows, Linux) and current-generation consoles
What you can expect from us
Work-life balance is not just a hollow term for us. At Crytek, we offer you the option to either work from home or in our studio.
Your professional development is important to us, so we have laid out a career plan to help you progress towards your goals and objectives.
To help you get settled, we provide you with a fully furnished company apartment during your first three months in Frankfurt.*
We offer a relocation budget and full coverage of flights to Frankfurt for you and your family.
You can expect extensive assistance with visa, work permits, and communication with authorities during the relocation process, as well as help settling into Germany (e.g. setting up appointments with banks, government agencies, schools, landlords, finding apartments etc.).*
Public Transport Pass
Discover Frankfurt by bus, tram and metro – free of charge.*
A healthy body is a healthy mind. We offer a membership at the premium gym chain Fitness First in Germany. Work out, join group fitness classes, or relax in the wellness facilities.
We truly embody diversity at Crytek. With employees from over 42 different countries, we define ourselves by our cultural diversity.
Understanding the local culture will make your stay abroad more enjoyable, and Crytek supports that by offering German language courses for you and your family.
At our Frankfurt office you can enjoy 24 days of vacation per year, and every 2 years you get 1 more (up to a maximum of 28 days). You will also have on average 10 public holidays on top of the days you take off. If you are working from another country, local standards apply.
*only applicable to employees in Frankfurt.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.