14 days ago
The Molasses Flood is looking for a Technical Director to lead the engineering team and set the technical groundwork as our studio enters an exciting new chapter in our development. You will have a unique opportunity to build out a team and architect the systems and tools that empower the latest game title set within the Witcher IP.
In this studio leadership position, you will work closely with other discipline directors to chart the path for team and project growth. You will champion robust code and seek out the best new technologies to serve our project needs.
This is a full-time salaried position, reporting to the Studio Director. This job could be performed either working a hybrid model out of our office in the greater Boston area, or remote within the contiguous US states. Relocation assistance is available for moving to the Boston area. All staff work a schedule aligned to US eastern time, regardless of US location.
- Be in charge of the success and happiness of the engineering team
- Staff management, including staffing planning, hiring, training and career development
- Set the quality bar and coding standards for programming at the studio, and ensure the team’s adherence to it
- Research and propose solutions and products to advance the studio’s technological expertise
- See the project from a high level perspective, foretelling any potential technological pitfalls and recommending solutions
- See the project from a low level perspective, ensuring the engineering team has the tools and skills necessary to complete the tasks at hand
- Work with other studio Directors to chart a path for studio and project success
- Advanced knowledge of C++, as well as an understanding of C#, Python, Blueprints, Algorithms and Data-Structures, Multi-Core and Threading
- Experience with Perforce, build maintenance
- Expertise in game engines
- Familiarity with building multiplayer games
- Knowledge of networking concepts
- Wide ranging knowledge of games and game development, and development tools
- Minimum 10 years game industry experience, with 2 years in a leadership role
- Communication skills: the ability to express yourself clearly both verbally and in written documentation
- Curiosity, kindness, and a positive and professional can-do attitude
- Candidates must have a US work permit or citizenship
NICE TO HAVES:
- Deep experience with Unreal 4/5
- Shipped one or more Unreal Engine multiplayer titles
- Specific experience with various gameplay systems including camera, input, collision, AI, etc.
- Solid understanding of rendering systems
- Experience building/utilizing backend systems for online games
The expected annual salary range for this position is $225,000 to $300,000 USD, negotiable. Salary offered will be based upon a number of factors, including but not limited to: skill set, years and quality of experience, and suitability for the role.
- 100% company paid medical, dental, and vision plans available - for employees and dependents
- 401K with matching
- Company paid long & short term disability plans, and life insurance
- Profit sharing plan
- Unlimited PTO and flexible schedule
- Environmental company paid offset of employees’ carbon footprint via Wren.co
- Some positions available for Remote work
- Positions worked in office are hybrid: M/W/F work from home & T/Th work in office, with lunch provided on the in office days
- Dog friendly office
- Many opportunities for advancement as our team grows and takes on new challenges
The Molasses Flood is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embracing and celebrating diverse thoughts and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at The Molasses Flood is based on ability – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decisions, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
CA Candidates: TMF abides by all policies set forth in the CCPA/CPRA. For more information, please contact HR or visit the California Privacy Protection Agency website: https://cppa.ca.gov/
The Molasses Flood is the newest member of the CD PROJEKT group, and is located in Boston, MA. We were founded by industry veterans in 2014, and since then have created The Flame in the Flood and Drake Hollow. We’re currently working on an ambitious and exciting new project and are growing our team across all departments. We value every voice on the team, open communication and transparency, and run a studio based on mutual respect and kindness between all members and levels of the team. If this sounds like the type of team you’d like to be a part of, we encourage you to apply. If you require any specific accommodations as part of our application process, please let us know so we can try to provide for your needs.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.