Amber Bucharest is looking for a Technical Director to join us!
What will you do?
- Participate in partner-facing meetings to gather technical requirements and details.
- Evaluate technical documentation or software provided by partners.
- Coordinate technical research for new projects.
- Suggest and coordinate technical research for new gaming platforms.
- Build technical proposals of the solution with team staffing, task breakdown, assumptions and delivery timeline.
- Assist engineers or teams that need technical guidance and support.
- Review the technical architecture for the projects developed by the engineering teams you are supporting.
- Ensures that technical best practices are taking place on all projects (i.e., code reviews)
We are pretty sure that you will not:
- Code day by day, side by side with the teams – although technical involvement is required.
- Manage the schedule or the prioritization of backlog, although you will advocate the inclusion of technical tasks / best practices in the product backlog.
Competencies and skills:
- Strong over-the-board technical knowledge.
- Passion for games and game development.
- Interest in the new and emerging gaming platforms.
- Development experience at least on one mobile platform (iOS, Android) and one gaming console (Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch).
- Development experience with Unreal Engine, Unity and Custom C++ engines.
- Strong soft skills and communication skills – both verbal and in writing.
- Very strong English skills.
- Awesome and talented colleagues.
- Support from all your teammates.
- Access to training and learning programs.
- A fun and dynamic industry where you can make a difference.
- Professional and friendly work environment.
- An attractive salary package with private medical services.