Technical Director - VR Software (m/f/d)
5 months ago
Our mission is to create a revolutionary virtual and augmented reality marketplace for industry and science, integrating the most powerful information available.
realworld one is a technology company that develops state-of-the-art virtual (VR) and augmented reality (AR) software solutions for the life sciences, analytical and diagnostics, pharmaceutical, chemical and processing industries. Our customers include several major, well-known companies such as Carl Zeiss, Qiagen, Tecan, GEA, KSB and Festo, among many others.
We possess strong scientific and industry expertise and have developed a systematic approach to implementing VR and AR within the areas of training, sales, marketing and service. We are privately funded and are among the largest VR and AR software companies that focus on industry solutions.
As a spin-off of IKA, a leading manufacturer of laboratory and processing equipment, we have cultivated a vibrant company culture with an international team of over 200 employees based in Germany, the US, China and India. We place great value on fostering a creative, performance-driven and employee-centered work environment for everyone – whether your specialty is working with clients, developing cutting-edge technology or crunching numbers!
In order to expand our team in Berlin or Freiburg (Germany), we are now looking for a talented
Technical Director – VR Software (m/f/d)
- Manage and oversee our global VR/platform software-development team
- Establish top-notch technical quality standards for our product with respect to coding standards, performance and scalability of services
- Critically analyze our technology and development practices with the goals of improving our product quality and team efficiency, as well as fostering a positive work environment
- Define technical requirements, development strategy and roadmap
- Be a great communicator at all levels, from working with executive management to interns
- Coach, mentor and motivate your team to get the best out of everyone
- Act as an inspiring hiring manager to build up a powerful team of highly-committed enthusiasts
- Facilitate a smooth production process together with management, technical leads and the customer content team
- Utilize the most state-of-the-art technology to streamline our processes and to guarantee the best overall benefits for your team and the business as a whole
- Create and maintain plans for the mitigation of technical risks for multiple development teams
- Empathetic and charismatic leader with excellent communication skills
- Many years of experience as a technical leader, preferably in the game industry
- Previous experience as a technical director would be beneficial
- Skilled engineer who demonstrates passion for technical solutions with the ability to motivate an international team within an innovative tech company
- Capable of constructing a client/server codebase from the beginning of a project all the way through to production
- Experience with Azure Cloud or similar cloud providers
- Self-motivated personality who demonstrates great commitment and feels responsible for the team
- Proven experience with Unreal Engine/off-the-shelf engines, as well as native/custom engines; fluent in Blueprints, C# and C++
- Great track record of shipping several AAA titles; preferably good knowledge of MMO games
- Experience with VR/AR, other areas of game development and/or UX design would be a plus
- Excellent communication skills in English; additional German skills are a bonus
Our offer to you:
- An opportunity to work for a market-leading, successful tech company with a broad international customer base from multiple fields, including the life sciences and the analytical, pharmaceutical, chemical and processing industries
- Option to receive company stock in addition to a competitive salary in accordance with your market area
- The experience of creating highly-valuable and innovative technology, while contributing to the long-term growth of a successful tech company
- Profit from an open and modern work environment
- Be a part of a diverse international team with highly-qualified and dedicated colleagues representing over 30 nationalities
- Receive relocation and visa support
Do you want to help revolutionize the virtual world and be a part of one of the most extraordinary tech companies in Germany?
If you do, apply now and join the realworld one team! We look forward to hearing from you!
By submitting your application you give your consent for the information provided on this form to be held on computer or other relevant filing systems belonging to realworld one and to be shared with other accredited employees in accordance with the GDPR 2018.