Technical Director (Unreal Engine / Cloud)
9 days ago
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games , crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, or running cloud infrastructure for hundreds of millions of Fornite players, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development, and now on the cloud too.
Engineering at Epic
What we do
The mission of the Unreal Cloud Services team is to help create the ultimate suite of content creation tools with native support for collaboration and cloud. We believe that the future of content creation is made of small, connected virtual teams coming together for projects that utilise tools to considerably simplify the process of creating high quality content.
What you’ll do
As a Technical Director focused on Unreal Engine running in the cloud, you will be responsible for architectural guidance and supervising execution to make UE more efficient in the cloud, add cloud-based collaboration to our UE based products and help ship the next generation of tools like the recently announced MetaHuman Creator.
In this role, you will
- Be an active participant in defining the vision and roadmap for UCS
- Work with other Technical Directors and Leads to deliver the products and business objectives of UCS on time and quality
- Be the technical leader, guide and sign-off on the architecture of UE based products running in the cloud
- Recruit, mentor and retain members of the engine team in UCS
- Supervise day to day execution and project management
What we’re looking for
- 10+ years of engineering experience
- 5+ years of experience as an engineering leader
- Effectively recruited, mentored and retained great people
- Well-versed in system design, software engineering principles and API design
- Strong technical skills and a willingness to dive into technical details
- Very strong C++ programming abilities
- Very knowledgeable of modern AAA game engines architecture and technologies
- Solid experience with web services and APIs
- Excellent cross-discipline communication skills and ability to explain trade-offs with non-engineers
Nice to have skills
- Built an engineering team from scratch
- Experience managing remote teams
- Experience implementing software engineering and project management processes
- Has worked in a startup-like environment
- Hands on experience with Unreal Engine
- Familiar with cloud technologies and providers like AWS
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
We pay 100% for benefits except for PMI (for dependents). We offer private medical insurance, one fund cash plan, pension, disability and life insurance, transportation and meals.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.