Technical Director - Unreal Engine 4
2 months ago
People make games great. And at Survios, we know we can’t grow from an acclaimed VR studio to the world’s premier game developer and publisher without them. That’s why our most valuable investments aren’t in the next-generation technology we use to make our games or the swanky new HQ we’re building in Marina Del Rey, but in creating a hybrid workplace that seeks out talent across the globe, nurtures its people, and encourages fun. A workplace where every team member knows they’re respected and cared for. If you want to join a passionate team of developers driving toward the future of immersive gaming, we’d love to hear from you! Survios currently has an opening for a talented Technical Director , to lead a project working with Unreal Engine 4.
Candidates should be motivated to guide and mentor a team engaged in interdisciplinary workgroups. They should bring a broad understanding of game development to the table and be excited about helping team members in all areas identify and scope solutions to fulfill product vision.
Candidates will be responsible for maintaining the quality of the technical implementation and driving the technical strategy. The ideal candidate has considerable experience leading development on a large cutting-edge code base and has the ability to guide and organize the teams architecting and implementing critical game engine components. The role requires prior experience developing for modern game systems such as PS4, Xbox One or Windows.
- Work with the Game Director and other discipline leads to understand, scope, and execute game vision.
- Lead the engineering team in architecting and developing the systems that power Survios games
- Manage the technical quality of the game through code reviews and architectural sign off.
- Manage technical risks, both internal and external.
- Mentor other engineers as needed to increase their capabilities and productivity.
- Shape the technical strategy for the game, identifying emerging technologies and innovations.
- 10+ years of experience in the creation and delivery of state-of-the-art, performance-minded AAA console or PC games with two in-game credits required.
- At least one shipped, modern console or PC title in the Technical Director role.
- Experience working with team leads to develop project structures, best practices, programming workflows and project scheduling.
- Solid working knowledge of all technical aspects of game development facilitating the leadership of programmers outside of core expertise.
- Demonstrated proficiency in C++.
- Proficiency with linear algebra and general 3D mathematics.
- Comfortable working with internal and externally developed code and middleware.
- Effective communicator and collaborator with engineers and team members from other disciplines.
- Desire and demonstrated ability to mentor junior programmers and help with their career growth.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Hands-on experience developing for Unreal Engine 4, PS4 and Xbox One.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Math, or related field.
- Experience designing and implementing threaded, asynchronous software.
- Experience with the technical challenges unique to active Virtual Reality game development.
- Experience working with remote and hybrid teams.
Survios is an award-winning game studio that takes a holistic approach to development, merging our hardware, software, and games expertise to create unbelievable immersive game experiences. As we expand our focus from VR-Only to create games across all PC and Console platforms, we’re dedicated to leveraging our passion, expertise, and creativity to develop and publish the next generation of groundbreaking and immersive video games.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.