Technical Director - Unannounced project
Montreal QC ca
11 days ago
In this role, your main responsibility is the successful creation and delivery of the company's products by managing technical risks and opportunities, making key software design and implementation decisions with the development teams, and educating on technical best practices. You will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer.
Your responsibilities as a Director:
- Work closely with other Directors to support projects’ and company strategies;
- Act in the best interest of the company;
- Evangelize projects within the company and outside, when appropriate;
- Support commercial success;
Your responsibilities as a Technical Director:
- Manage the career development of technical leads;
- Foster communication between company’s projects;
- Mentor key technical staff;
- Interview candidates for technical positions;
- Define the technological strategy with the development team of each project: pipeline, tools, and key development procedures;
- Assess technical risk and mitigation plan for the projects;
- Establish standards and procedures to track and measure projects’ progression in collaboration with the project management team;
- Evaluate development team(s), identifying strengths, problem areas, and developing plans for improving performance;
- Scout for and evaluates new technology and tools as opportunities for innovation and development excellence;
- Oversee technical design documentation process for correctness and timeliness.
- Oversee technical communication with external parties;
- Provide input to the other disciplines on the practicality of initial design goals and impact to the overall project timeline;
- Evaluate software implementation on design and task thoroughness;
- Define, communicate and enforce coding standards;
- Promote and coordinate technical knowledge harvesting within the organization;
- Identify reusable code required for our code library and ensures the code is of high quality;
- Track and identify new opportunities to improve our methodology and training offerings;
- Assist in strategic sales efforts from a technical perspective;
- Act as a senior developer on occasion to deliver or collaborate on high-impact, complex features or tools;
- Occasionally act as a lead developer, managing teams, tasks and priorities.
- At least 8 years of game development experience on PC and/or non-portable game consoles; must have shipped at least 4 titles (or completed at least 4 development cycles);
- Experience with one of PC, Xbox One or PlayStation 4 a requirement; experience with all three a plus;
- Strong knowledge of C/C++ required; C++11/14 a plus;
- Strong debugging skills required; notions of assembler and GPU debugging a plus;
- Strong performance analysis skills required, experience with at least one standalone profiler a must; familiarity with VTune, WPA/ETW, PIX, Razor and/or use of hardware performance counters a plus;
- Specialised knowledge in graphics, systems, physics, networking, AI, sound or gameplay programming a plus;
- Knowledge of C#, Python, batch file programming and/or Linux development a plus;
- Must be able to work very autonomously, consulting with other Directors as required; must be able to self-organize and prioritize tasks from many differing clients without oversight;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills required; must be able to vulgarize technical concepts for both a technical and non-technical audience; client relationship management experience a plus;
- Must be comfortable breaking down and scoping large technical mandates; experience managing teams a plus;
- Must be comfortable mentoring other programmers.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America’s largest independent game developers with close to 600 employees and over 70 million games sold on every platform. To date, the company’s games have reached more than 200 million players worldwide. In 2019, its most successful IP, the award-winning Dead by DaylightTM, celebrated 12 million players. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world’s most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney, Netflix, Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Xbox Game Studios, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, La Capitale, and many more. For more information: bhvr.com.