Technical Director - Studio Farnborough (Hybrid)
23 days ago
We are nDreams, one of the world’s leading developers and publishers focused on VR games.
Combining innovation with excellence, we are the team behind award winning game Phantom: Covert Ops and Fracked. Our AAA experience and sensibilities, alongside bespoke VR technologies, give us the skillset, processes and creativity to deliver innovative, high production games for all VR platforms. We’ve got several exciting projects planned for the year and beyond - we can’t wait to show you more…
Our projects continue to push forward the boundaries of VR and we’re looking for talented people to help us turn them into a reality. Our talented studio now has over 100 people and has been assembled from world-leading games developers and publishers.
We are looking for a Technical Director who will coordinate and contribute towards a successful technical support system within a fast-paced, expanding studio. You would be problem-solving issues of technical strategy, day-to-day practical issues, oversight of projects, coordination with other company studios, and planning and communication of these issues.
- Oversight of projects to ensure good process, communication, risk assessment, and decision making.
- Coordination with studio production on how best support immediate and longer term goals.
- Major contributor to mid and long term technical strategy for the studio.
- Coordination with IT about hardware and software necessary for development, e.g. Perforce server, developer hardware, build servers, etc.
- Research and documentation of technical strategy.
- Offer experienced insight into technical problems.
- Communication of technical strategy to technical and non-technical staff.
- Good understanding of game development process.
- Flexibility to fulfil the needs of the studio.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to listen to feedback and respond accordingly.
- A positive attitude, being supportive and empowering developers.
- Ability to work in a team, and individually on studio matters.
- Up-to-date on industry news, trends, and techniques.
- Understanding of Unreal Engine.
- Experience with C++, C#, and Python.
- Experience with Perforce administration.
- Experience of working with Core Technology teams.
Our expanding company shares a passion for innovation, collaboration and leading the future of VR. We encourage an open and diverse culture and empower people to explore ideas and put their own stamp on their work. With humble beginnings of our own, we combine amazing projects and opportunities with a personal, caring touch.
We offer some great perks, including flexible hours, duvets days, your birthday off, dedicated personal development time, and regular socials and parties, alongside holiday, pensions, health insurance, life cover and more. Our newly refurbished office has some fantastic facilities and is built around collaborative work (and play!).
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.