This job might no longer be available.
Technical Director - LPM
16 days ago
About Tripledot Studios
Tripledot Studios was founded by a team of industry veterans from some of the biggest names in mobile games such as King, Peak Games, Facebook, and Product Madness. Tripledot recently won Tech Growth Business of the Year!
We are a rapidly growing mobile games studio, offering a great environment to attract the top talent. Our mission is to bring the knowledge and experience of a chart-topping mobile games company into a close-knit, collaborative environment.
Our guiding principle as a team is that when people love what they do, what they do will be loved by others. The studio is filled with people who love taking things apart and figuring out how they work. We enjoy problem-solving and most importantly, we LOVE making games!
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Technical Director who will be responsible for leading and scaling the product. You will join one of our fast growing games - Live Play Bingo.
Live Play Bingo is the #1 live streaming mobile game. We combine live streaming hosts from our broadcast studio in Hollywood, CA, and state of the art multiplayer gameplay. We mix the latest live video streaming technology, world-class game design, and best-in best-in-class, social gaming features.
- Directly managing Technical leads across multiple pods or products (Client, Backend and QA teams)
- Lead by example, create a strong sense of purpose and community, promote a healthy personal culture as well as champion the company culture.
- Defining best practices in game engineering and ensuring that their teams are striving to follow them.
- Reporting project status, objectives progress and any potential problems to the upper management on a regular basis.
- Supporting Product Owners and Technical Leads in defining project direction and providing early estimates.
- Responsible for making sure that products are up to date with any external and when required internal technology changes.
- Working with product leadership and BA on product roadmap and rollouts.
- Monitoring product health and working with Product Owners and Technical leads to make sure that problems are addressed in a timely manner.
- Working with other Technical Directors and Engineering VPs to make sure that potential cross product tools and solutions are known and extracted for use in other projects.
- Responsible for managing the engineering talent in the teams and for maintaining team motivation and performance.
Who you are...
- 8+ years of experience as Backend Software Engineer, preferably in Game development domain
- Out of those at least 3 years as a Engineering Manager
- Proficiency in Python
- Great collaborative and leadership skills
- Ability to manage other leads
- Basic skills in Unity development is nice to have
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Exchange of ideas and daily interaction with a strong team from different offices
- Yearly CPD allowance for learning and development materials, courses and seminars
- Medical care program
- Sport compensation
- Sick days
- English classes
- Exciting perks such as cocktail parties, game nights and company events