Technical Director (Engine/Systems)
20 days ago
Created by Monsters. Built for gamers.™
TLM, an Endava company, is a world-class video game company focused on development for some of the biggest games in the industry. Our mission is to break down barriers in the video game industry and make game tech available to all game developers regardless of size.
We are looking for good humans with incredible talent to make great games.
Position Summary: Technical Director (Engine/Systems)
- 100% Remote position & other cool benefits
- Working with an international team on AA or AAA games in an Unreal Studio
- Develop engine systems as well as improve workflows for our development teams on platforms including PC and consoles.
- Be a part of a groundbreaking global game developer and publisher, with a permanently remote team.
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits for full-time employees
- Leads teams of engineers working on projects
- Expert in engine architectures, systems and how they relate to game design
- Understand the differences between supported game platforms and smoothly transition between them
- Lead on evaluating performance, and optimization on supported game platforms for both customer projects as well as TLM’s internal tech.
- Work closely with the other team leads as well as the customer on technical goals, features, and development.
- As a leader, ensure that code quality, reusability and documentation are always a high priority.
- Work with TLM central tech on the roadmap and architecture of our key internal systems.
- Own the customer facing relationship for your engineering team
- Work with the CTO and TDs on improving our training, processes and standards in order to grow our internal team
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 8+ years developing and optimizing engine systems.
- 3+ shipped AAA console or PC titles, with at least 2 as a lead/senior/TD
- Strong C/C++ skills are a must. Adept at using common development, profiling and optimization software.
- Background with parallel programming and multi-threaded engine systems.
- Understanding of computer architecture and memory systems.
- Knowledge and experience with game development systems.
- Conversant in PC and Console game development techniques and best practices.
- Lateral thinking and motivation to work independently and on a team as well as the ability to work directly with teams across multiple territories and time zones.
- Ability to create and maintain technical documentation from the beginning of a project through completion.
- Dedication, teamwork and professionalism.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Unreal engine experience highly desired
- 12+ years experience
- Previous experience in TD type roles
- Familiarity with current and next console SDKs, Steam, Epic Game Store.
- Expertise in Artificial Intelligence, Analytics, Mathematics, Physics, Graphics, or Audio a plus
- Experience working within Microsoft, Sony, EA, Take Two, and utilizing publishers best practice a
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.