Technical Director, Design [Unannounced Project]
6 days ago
Do you believe game development can be made easier? Are you interested in identifying industry-leading pipelines and work processes? Then we got a great opportunity for you!
Due to summer holidays the interview process won't start until beginning of August.
Ubisoft Stockholm is looking for a Technical Design Director for an unannounced project. Working to brief from the Studio Technical Director, the Technical Design Director defines the needs to carry out the creative vision and ensures the quality and technical content produced, while identifying project needs and implementing effective tools and methods for data integration and provide related technical support.
What you do:
- Define the design team’s technical needs by validating the features and inquire about general interpretation to assess technical feasibility.
- Collaborate with the programming team and other project TD’s to enhance and facilitate work by prototyping, adjusting existing tools and by validate effectiveness before deployment.
- Establish vision for best practices and methods used, facilitate training and coaching.
- Research new technology and work processes to improve project development.
- Build and lead a diverse team of complementary skills who define and deliver effective tools and pipeline workflows.
- Veteran in game development who has shipped more than a few major titles as a Technical Director.
- Curious researcher with excellent technical knowledge of editors and good understanding of programming & script languages.
- Natural leader with previous experience building and leading a team of programmers.
- Process-driven collaborator with a natural aptitude for seeing the bigger picture.
- Problem-solver who understands the importance of clear communication.
- A servant leader who ensure their team has what they need to be successful.
Is this the opportunity you were waiting for? We would love to hear from you.
Making good games takes effort, making great games takes a different type of thinking.
Are you a game designer, artist or engineer? Cool. How about a chemist, economist or social scientist? Let’s talk. At Ubisoft Stockholm, we feel different thinking comes from many places and that good ideas, no matter where they come from, are the key to unlocking our potential.
Located in the storied Östermalm neighborhood in Stockholm Sweden, we believe thinking of new ways to solve old problems is a cornerstone of innovation and we are looking for passionate people who follow their dreams to make the world a better place.
We know there is a better way to making great games.