Technical Director - Apex Legends
Vancouver British Columbia Canada
7 days ago
Apex Legends | Technical Director
Respawn Entertainment is hiring! We’re looking for an accomplished Technical Director to join our Apex Legends team at our Vancouver location. We are looking for someone who is passionate about making great games in a collaborative environment with a team of talented and experienced developers. You will lead the engineering component of the team and work with other discipline leaders such as art, animation, game design, and audio as the technical expert for the team.
What you’ll do…
- Oversee technical design and implementation of gameplay features and content.
- Work closely with designers, artists, and animators to set technical priorities and ensure they have the technical support they need to create their best work.
- Act as the technical representative in the Respawn Vancouver leadership team.
- Set project technical standards and ensure the quality, performance, and stability of technical deliverables.
- Proactively identify and deal with potential issues before they become significant problems.
- Improve team effectiveness by identifying bottlenecks and implementing solutions.
- Mentor and support the Respawn Vancouver engineering team.
- Partner closely with the Respawn LA team on technical strategy.
- Build core game features and tools
Ideally, you will have…
- 10+ years experience of professional game development.
- 5+ years of technical leadership experience.
- Shipped at least two AAA games in a technical leadership role, preferably first person shooters.
- Strong design sensibilities and the ability to express what makes great gameplay.
- Fluency in C/C++.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience).
- Passion for making games and playing them.
- A desire to build a really awesome game with an excited team of talented people.
- Experience of the unique challenges of delivery of a successful AAA live service.
- Experience with multi-threaded programming.
- Computer science, mathematics, physics, or related degree or equivalent experience.
- Solid knowledge of game technology domains, spanning client (rendering, animation, AI, cameras, controls, asset management), server and infrastructure; deep knowledge of at least one client domain.
- Excellent math skills with an emphasis on 3D math.
- Experience with large codebases and the ability to work on code that you didn't write.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Experience with optimizing code and data to improve both memory consumption and execution speed.
- Mediation and conflict resolution skills.