Technical Director Animation (M/NB/W) – Unannounced project
6 days ago
Within the production team of a realistic AAA game and under the responsibility of the Animator Director, you will be in charge of making animation pipelines & tools.
As such, your missions will be the following:
- Create and maintain an animation pipeline and DCC tools for gameplay and cinematic animators;
- Support animators, game designers, and riggers with their technical needs;
- Work closely with programmers to assess existing animation and rigging tools & occasionally design custom ones to improve pipelines;
- Collaborate with other core team members to develop the overall vision & determine technical feasibility;
- Review game design concepts & identify and analyze risks;
- Resolve complex, escalated issues & make technical validations;
- Support animators with procedural animation solutions;
- Create clear and concise documentation to explain technical implementation proposals and instruct users about tool usage and best practices;
- Anticipate technological advancements and stay up to date on market trends to define our best practices.
- You have already worked on several video game productions, ideally AAA projects, where you were responsible for animations technical needs as establishing scripting guidelines or standardizing the tool creation pipeline.
- Knowledge in Python is a must;
- You are proficient on Motion Builder, but also have knowledge on Maya and/or 3DS Max.
- You are rigorous, autonomous, reactive and have an eye for detail;
- You are known for your excellent communication and interpersonal skills so the coordination and dependency management with teams external to the project is smooth.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Ghost Recon, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.