Technical Development Manager, Merge Mansion
15 days ago
Are you an experienced Technical Development Manager up for driving tech & infra development areas of our hit game, Merge Mansion? Ready to join one of Europe's fastest growing game companies?
If yes, Metacore could be the right place for you
We are a Helsinki-based game company best known for our hit game Merge Mansion and our people-first company culture. Built on trust, our culture allows us to work autonomously, efficiently, and ambitiously. We have mutually agreed on five cultural norms to describe how we build trust and work as Metacore – you can find them here.
Our company’s mission is to entertain hundreds of millions of people for decades. Although we already entertain 35,000,000+ players worldwide and have grown into a team of 100+ game industry professionals in less than two years, we’re only getting started. That’s where we hope you come in: to take over the project management of tech and infrastructure development in Merge Mansion. You will make sure we follow the roadmap and information flows seamlessly between different development areas to improve the velocity and efficiency of our development processes.
- Location: Helsinki, Finland
- Relocation: Relocating to Finland expected, full support provided
- Remote work: Hybrid model of office and remote work
- Start date: Flexible, ideally as soon as possible
- Working language: English
Technical Development Manager plays a key role in coordinating tech and infra development areas in Merge Mansion to improve the velocity and efficiency of our development processes. In practice, this means (at least) the following:
- Coordinating and being responsible for the technical and infrastructure development backlog and roadmap, and setting priorities at a higher level
- Identifying technical tasks, and seeing them through from design to implementation
- Driving processes to improve development velocity and efficiency, and iterating on existing workflows to ease the development process
- Carrying out documentation to produce a single source of information that is up-to-date
- Collaborating and communicating on different technical requirements and release processes
Every role is eventually shaped to match our unique passions, backgrounds and strengths. Here are some of the key skills and experience you should already have when joining Metacore as a Technical Development Manager:
- A strong technical background from games or software development, for a released and live product
- Experience with one or more project management tools and the ability to customize workflows and data presentation
- Practical know-how of working with documentation, knowledge base or wikis
- Good understanding of different project management frameworks and tools as well as hands-on experience in project management
- Excellent communications and organizational skills. You are able to translate from one disciplines to another, e.g. Tech to QA to creative work
Sounds about right? Then let’s talk!
Our company is formed by great teams and individuals. Together, we work rather as Metacore than for Metacore – aiming for the same goal of entertaining our audience with world-class mobile games. As Metacore, we’re much more than the sum of our skills, experiences and knowledge.
Metacore is the game company where players are the closest thing to a boss. In other words, our teams and individuals enjoy a lot of freedom and responsibility in their work. Everyone can find the optimal way for reaching their goals – as long as it respects our company culture.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.