10 days ago
As a Technical Designer, you’ll create and implement complex, technical, and systemic design elements in a game.
You’re essentially a game or level designer recognized for your technical skills on a design or multidisciplinary production team.
A technical reference within your team, you’ll help, support, and advise your peers as needed. You may also be called upon to become the project's technical expert on a specific element of the game.
What you’ll do
- Create and implement the technical elements of a game feature in with technical directors, programmers, and colleagues from other job families.
- Act as a technical expert on a specific topic + oversee tools and documentation, provide technical assistance, and define and promote best practices.
- Participate in data optimization and validation, taking budget into account and ensuring that technical standards are respected.
- Participate in the advanced debugging of data throughout production.
- Provide regular feedback to design directors (e.g. suggestions for improving tools and methods, etc.).
- Help test new features and tools before their launch.
- Perform production tasks within the game and level design team + prototype gameplay features.
- Design and implement more complex, abstract, technically challenging, or game-wide design elements in the game.
What you bring
- Experience in game or level design (with a technical focus)
- The ability to understand and communicate in technical language & clearly express your ideas (both on paper and in person)
- Flexibility + solid analysis and problem-solving skills
- A user-oriented spirit
- Curiosity: you have a passion for understanding how things work
Nice to have, but not essential:
- Experience with various game engines and platforms
- Experience with a range of 2D/3D design software programs
- Experience in programming/scripting
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.