13 days ago
Job Summary :
The incumbent of this position is similar to a Game or Level Designer, recognized for his or her technical skills.
Within a design or multidisciplinary production team, he or she is responsible for creating and implementing complex, technical and/or systemic design elements in the game.
Acting as a technical reference on his team, the technical designer supports and advises peers, as needed. He or she may also be called upon to become the technical expert for the project on a specific element of the game.
Depending on the project and the context, the main and usual functions of this job may be:
- Be responsible for the realization and implementation of the technical elements of a complete feature of the game in an autonomous way by collaborating closely with the TDs, programmers or other professions;
- Acting as a technical expert on this specific subject, and in this framework being in charge (with the approval of the DT design) of the tools, documentation, and technical support as well as the identification and dissemination of best practices;
- Participate in the optimization and validation of data by ensuring that colleagues respect the technical standards for their subject of expertise while taking into account budgetary constraints;
- Participate in the advanced debugging of the data until the very end of production;
- Provide periodic feedback to the Design DTs, such as suggestions for improvement of tools and methods, bugs encountered, etc.; - Provide regular feedback to the Design DTs, such as suggestions for improvement of tools and methods, bugs encountered, etc.
- Participate in the testing of new features or tools as a user expert before they are deployed to the rest of the team;
- Performs production tasks within a team as a Game or Level Designer and prototypes gameplay features during game design;
- Design and implement more complex, abstract, technically challenging, or game-wide design elements in the game;
- Performing all other related tasks.
AEC in level design or any other relevant training.
Training in programming (an asset).
Relevant experience :
- 3 or more years of experience as a level or game designer.
- Have at least one game production to his or her credit.
Skills and knowledge :
- Game-Designer or Level-Designer with a technical rather than creative profile.
- Be curious: have a passion for understanding how things work.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good capacity for adaptation, autonomy and proactivity
- Be structured, conscientious and efficient
- Good ability to express ideas clearly (both written and oral)
- Easy to understand and communicate in technical language
- Be user-oriented
- Experience with different machines and/or platforms (an asset)
- Experience with several 2D/3D design software (an asset)
- Experience in programming/scripting (an asset)
- Knowledge of the Office Suite