This job might no longer be available.
Associate Technical Designer
3 months ago
This design position is responsible for game design features attached to our EA Sports titles from a highly technical level. The designer will maintain and balance the core and meta-game while creating, prototyping and implementing gameplay features.
- Deliver on the game vision as set by the Creative Director and Product Owner.
- Maintain all design aspects of a game-as-service through the entire project life cycle.
- Create innovative and engaging designs and prototypes while maintaining EA SPORTS’ high standard of quality.
- Balance game with consideration to fun gameplay, player acquisition, monetization, and engagement.
- Retain original IP’s core brand values and game experience within the service at all times.
- Communicate game design clearly and concisely.
- Inspire game team through progressive, creative design.
- Will use knowledge of scripting to set up content within the Frostbite Engine
- Provide and receive critique in a constructive manner with suggestions and solutions for improvement.
- Remain current on industry trends including new game genres, new game design methods, and emerging platforms
What does EA look for
- 5+ year’s industry experience specifically in game design or quality assurance.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, create and implement game concepts using various tools and technology.
- Creating content and authoring logic in XML using internal tools and workflows
- Analyzing and brainstorming content implementation
- Will need to understand the consumer and how to craft compelling experiences
- Excellent creative, analytical and organizational skills with proven ability to write, communicate and maintain detailed design documentation throughout the project life cycle.
- Thorough understanding of gameplay theories and interface design ability