This job might no longer be available.
15 days ago
Technical Designer (Temporary)
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA's network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
- Work under a Senior Technical Designer direction to create reusable content pieces used by our Design team to create mission content
- Develop high-quality content experiences and tools for the design teams
- Communicate requests and issues to the Technical Design team
- Communicate with the Design team on best practices using Technical Design assets and their status
- Collaborate with all other departments on design needs with a focus on support with various programming, art, audio, and animation departments
- Collaborate with production on scheduling and identify dependencies
- Work with other Technical Designers on best practices and training materials for the Design teams
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Some experience as a Technical Designer on game projects
- Demonstrate an understanding of design principles and the workflows needed to achieve them.
- Experience working with logic structures with a focus on reuse and modularity
- A creative mind - be able to come up with interesting and original ideas
- Experience working with visual scripting languages such as Unreal Blueprint
- Working knowledge of standard industry game engines and design toolsets
- Good understanding of action and RPG gameplay mechanics
- Willingness to be open and flexible when collaborating with others to achieve a design.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with a broader team
- Some experience with a scripting language or coding language is an asset