This job might no longer be available.
9 days ago
At EA, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we consider our players’ experiences first in everything we do. Creating transformational experiences requires constant innovation and, passionate people. We are developing extraordinary new game experiences by bringing together great people that combine creativity, technology, and expertise to provide new ways to play.
This is an exciting opportunity to reimagine a Star Wars mobile product at a design led EA studio where experience design is peer to game design and art. As part of the XD team, you will report into the Experience Design Director and work in close collaboration with game design, user research, art, product management, engineering and operations.
- Implement the visual design of the UI + HUD within a mobile game using Unity.
- You will work with the lead Technical Designer to refine workflows, and polish the UI to provide an outstanding user experience, from concept to ship.
- Work with Engineers to determine technical and data requirements.
- Convert artist designs into usable pieces for game implementation, using graphics software and tools
- You will Iterate and develop solutions to design challenges while following creative and art direction
- You have 2+ years experience and have excellent design sensibilities and the understanding of how animation and motion can enhance the end-user experience for our user interfaces
- You can quickly identify and debug issues
- Experience creating functional and visually polished user interfaces
- Working knowledge of C#
- You can team with partners in other disciplines including programmers, designers, and Artists
- Knowledge of Adobe CC suite.
- Experience with UX methodology, and Design theory
- Flair for creatively solving challenging problems.
- Both follow and determine new conventions.
- You are motivated to create outstanding AAA game UI.
- You can work with tight technical restraints and optimize to fit within guidelines
- Collaboratively work with the design team in a creative environment
- Experience implementing UI components using Unity (valued nice-to-have).
- Experience with Motion design and animation
- Programming experience
- Understanding of Basic 3D and working in 3D or 2.5D space
- User-driven design advocate