12 days ago
Crytek is looking for a passionate and experienced Technical Designer to work on Hunt: Showdown.
As a Technical Designer, you will communicate between all departments involved with the project and implement complex, cutting edge gameplay features in cooperation with them.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples*
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Design and implement gameplay features and systems using visual scripting and other proprietary tools
- Create and maintain asset databases, using CRYENGINE.
- Contribute creative design ideas to the project.
- Participate in team playtests around new features.
- Iterate on functionality based on feedback.
- Work with other departments to ensure all required resources are scheduled and delivered.
- Contribute tool and workflow improvement ideas.
- 2+ years of professional work experience in the game industry in a Technical Design capacity.
- Strong technical skills.
- Good Game Design skills.
- Experience with (visual) scripting.
- Working knowledge with game engines, preferably CRYENGINE.
- Good documentation ability.
- Team player, self-driven and willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparency.
- Strong math skills.
- Knowledge in C++ or other programming languages.
- Experience with networked games.
- Experience with game AI.
- Experience with character or art pipelines and workflows.
What you can expect from us
Work-life balance is not just a hollow term for us. At Crytek, we offer you the option to either work from home or in our studio.
Your professional development is important to us, so we have laid out a career plan to help you progress towards your goals and objectives.
To help you get settled, we provide you with a fully furnished company apartment during your first three months in Frankfurt.*
We offer a relocation budget and full coverage of flights to Frankfurt for you and your family.
You can expect extensive assistance with visa, work permits, and communication with authorities during the relocation process, as well as help settling into Germany (e.g. setting up appointments with banks, government agencies, schools, landlords, finding apartments etc.).*
Public Transport Pass
Discover Frankfurt by bus, tram and metro – free of charge.*
A healthy body is a healthy mind. We offer a membership at the premium gym chain Fitness First in Germany. Work out, join group fitness classes, or relax in the wellness facilities.
We truly embody diversity at Crytek. With employees from over 42 different countries, we define ourselves by our cultural diversity.
Understanding the local culture will make your stay abroad more enjoyable, and Crytek supports that by offering German language courses for you and your family.
At our Frankfurt office you can enjoy 24 days of vacation per year, and every 2 years you get 1 more (up to a maximum of 28 days). You will also have on average 10 public holidays on top of the days you take off. If you are working from another country, local standards apply.
*only applicable to employees in Frankfurt.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.