Technical Designer (Temporary) - High Moon Studios
6 days ago
Job Title:Technical Designer (Temporary) - High Moon Studios
Technical Designer - High Moon Studios
Great Games Start with Great People! This is a significant time in our company’s history - and one of the most exciting times to join us! We are seeking a talented, self-directed game designer with strong technical abilities and a passion for problem solving. Technical Designers are a vital connection between Design and Engineering, able to communicate and engage with both disciplines “in their language.”
A Technical Designer should have experience with a wide variety of scripting languages and game engines and should be comfortable learning “on the fly.” Technical Designers should be able to absorb a large scripting base quickly and use that knowledge to inform and empower other designers.
If that sounds like you, please apply to join our award-winning team. We can’t wait to hear from you!
- Work closely with designers, engineers, and other content creators to create compelling gameplay systems
- Solve complicated problems creatively while considering design needs versus production realities
- Drive gameplay systems from paper concepts all the way to shippable products
- Rapidly prototype and iterate on experimental gameplay in order to “find the fun”
- Act autonomously to track down issues or improvement areas and implement novel solutions
- Help develop and maintain a robust set of scripting solutions that empower content designers
- Experience with several different scripting languages (Python, Java, C#, Lua)
- 3+ years game industry experience
- Solid understanding of gameplay mechanics and the game design process
- Passion for designing systems, mechanics, and meta-game loops
- Excellent written, verbal, and electronic communication skills
Bonus Points :
- Technical degree or work experience in a technical design role
- Experience with the Call of Duty engine (Radiant) or scripting language (GSC)
- Experience with multiple game engines
- Ability to read and understand C++
- Experience developing a networked multiplayer game
- Experience scripting complex animated sequences
High Moon Studios
Founded in 2002, High Moon Studios is an award-winning studio developing for the Call of Duty® franchise, with past development on over 15 titles including Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone , Bungie’s Destiny 2: Forsaken, and Transformers: Fall of Cybertron . We employ more than 170 people in Carlsbad, CA, a seaside city in San Diego County.
Our pride is our people and the experiences we have successfully created for our fans. High Moon's talent is comprised of gifted entertainment and technology professionals responsible for some of the most successful games ever made. We have award-winning developers, published artists and specialists recognized as among the best in their fields. Our studio has a history of using innovative techniques designed to boost productivity and product quality, which in turn enhances our studio's quality of life.
High Moon Studios is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.highmoonstudios.com .
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
High Moon Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.