Technical Designer (Narrative)
22 days ago
ZeniMax Online Studios is seeking a Technical Designer (Narrative) to join our studio for the development of our next AAA game. This is a chance to join an experienced group of developers in pre-production for a new IP. This role will work closely with our narrative and cinematic leads to help design, develop, and maintain a AAA-quality narrative/cinematic toolset and pipeline from the ground up for a new IP. As one of the first members of the team to get their hands dirty in these workflows, you will be expected to help guide best practices and workflows by creating solid examples and sharing your findings across a team of various disciplines. Directly working with our various design and engineering teams, you will be relied upon to push boundaries and turn ambiguous situations into concrete solutions. Being able to navigate between ‘big picture’ and ‘in-the-weeds’ is essential for making effective decisions that will have a substantial impact on the project.
The preferred location for this role is Hunt Valley, MD, Austin, TX, or Madison, WI. Will consider remote.
- Contribute and maintain complex narrative and cinematic content
- Create the first examples of new techniques and technologies and document findings for the broader team
- Collaborate with experts of various disciplines to be a force multiplier to the narrative department
- Provide strong direction for user workflows and usability in tools and pipeline development
- Help bring our narrative and cinematic vision to life
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-discipline development environment
- Deep experience working with narrative-related content, tools, and pipelines
- Experience working with various forms of coding and/or scripting
- Comfortable bringing chaos to order by operating within ambiguous or nascent toolsets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with any DCC tools and workflows (Maya, Blender, Houdini, etc.)
- Familiarity with narrative techniques across genres
Technical Designer - The typical base pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $55,000 - $140,000 per year.
ZeniMax has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay across the U.S. for this role; the applicable base pay range will depend on what ultimately is determined to be the candidate’s primary work location. Individual base pay depends on various factors, in addition to primary work location, such as complexity and responsibility of role, job duties/requirements, and relevant experience and skills. Base pay ranges are reviewed and typically updated each year. Offers are made within the base pay range applicable at the time.
At ZeniMax certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, such as merit increases and discretionary bonuses. These awards are allocated based on individual performance and are not guaranteed. Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of employment with ZeniMax and the country work location. U.S.-based employees have access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid vacation time, paid sick and mental health time, and several paid holidays, among others.
Applicant Privacy Notice
ZeniMax Media California Applicant Privacy Notice
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.