Technical Designer - Madden Gameplay
5 days ago
**THIS WOULD BE HYBRID ROLE LOCATED IN ORLANDO, FL**
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC .
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together experienced people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
EA SPORTS is looking for the next great Technical Designer. You have a broad knowledge of both design and engineering. You will work directly with creative and technical leadership to work on the game's vision while maintaining high technical standards.
- Over the course of development, you will design, prototype, implement, refine, and polish several game features.
- Produce new ideas that fit within the vision of the game.
- Fully develop these ideas in a detailed design document.
- Work within a versatile team and collaborate well with designers, engineers, and artists.
- Design and tune complex data systems inside MySQL
- Implement non-interactive sequences using a proprietary tool set.
- Oversee the setup, implementation, and polish phases of the content in the game.
- Design unique Ultimate Team Stories.
- Oversee more technical responsibilities like debugging and process improvements.
- Debug and parse logs to fix issues that arise.
- 5 or more years of industry experience in a design or engineering role.
- Combination of technical and design skills.
- Experience working with MySQL.
- Experience with debugging and triaging issues.
- Experience working on a live team.
- Well-versed in modern game design trends.
- Personal side projects.
- A background in computer science.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We realize it takes outstanding people to make excellent games, we offer great benefits packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
We love to celebrate our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, of course.
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $95,450 - $141,800
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $89,200 - $141,800
• Jersey City, NJ:
º $105,250 - $141,800
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $89,200 - $118,550
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $89,200 - $130,750
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.