Technical Designer - Beyond Good & Evil 2 (M/F)
Montreuil IDF fr
19 days ago
Your Daily Quest
Inside our Production studio in Montreuil, France, you will join the development team of one of our open world AAA projects. You will be a key stakeholder of all Design related technical decisions. You will play a role in listing and tracking Design project needs, creating efficient methods and tools and will be the main point of contact of game and level designers on design matters.
Your main tasks are as follow:
· Take part in defining the technical needs of the team. Your role is to help create the creative vision (both design and artistic) by validating and challenging our technical capacity to produce each feature.
· Work with other technical designers and our programming team to make sure our production team uses the best tools, both internal and external, in order to simplify the work of other production teams. This can be achieved by prototyping new tech elements, asking for improvements to existing tools, requesting new tools be made or by validating our tools before their deployment on our project.
· Create and maintain the documentation of our technical process. This helps us establish the best practices for our work and data structuring to improve teamwork and reduce bugs.
· Share your knowledge with the team so that the entire team improves on their own skillset.
· Keep track of new technical and technological developments at Ubisoft and in the industry in order to share these new learnings with our project
· Participate in our optimization and debug efforts.
· You have already shipped at least one AAA open world game.
· You have an excellent level of communication in both written and spoken English.
· Previous experience in scripting (Python) or visual scripting would be a plus.
SKILLSET AND KNOWLEDGE:
· Capacity for writing technical documentation
· Ability to anticipate and handle stress and changes in your day to day work
· Knowledge of terraforming and world building tools as well as different game engines
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age or disability status.
The World of Ubisoft
Ubisoft's teams are driven by their goal to enrich the life of the players with memorable and original entertainment experiences. They give life to beautiful worlds where the imagination can express itself completely, resulting in moments of surprise, fun and adventure that allow the player to learn and discover himself.
At Ubisoft, you have the opportunity to work and grow with passionate teams that are pioneers in their field, all around the world. You will evolve in a caring and inspiring environment in which you will push the limits of the imagination and technology to create worlds that will fascinate our players.
In the context of its development, Ubisoft is looking for new talents to join its Paris production studio, proud maker of titles such as Ghost Recon: Breakpoint, Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, Just Dance 2020, Watch_Dogs Legion or Beyond Good and Evil 2.
Are you ready to take on new challenges? Do you want to give beautiful experiences to our players? Then come join us!