This job might no longer be available.
Technical Content Validator [Star Wars]
7 days ago
We’re collaborating with Disney and Lucasfilm Games on a new story-driven open-world video game set in the beloved Star Wars galaxy. This is a lore we love and want to do justice with a game and story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey that will stay with them for years.
We're looking for a Technical Content Validator. As a Technical Content Validator, you will be part of the Technical Art Team acting as bridge between Prop Art/QC & QA and Technical Art teams, being in charge of providing feedback and validating props that will be used in the game, making sure that the quality and functionality meets AAA standards.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application asap!
What you'll do
- Making sure that the content that goes through the pipeline is optimized accordingly to the engine requirements.
- Working closely with Artists, providing technical feedback on props/assets (naming conventions, poly count, broken destruction, collisions set up, etc.)
- Maintaining and creating Jira Dashboards to show the current state of validation & validated props.
- Making sure the fixes are properly implemented and gameplay-ready (Regression).
What you'll bring
You are passionate about games, acting with the consumer in mind in your daily tasks. You are a problem solver and an exceptional communicator, thriving to deliver a gaming experience at the best possible quality.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience in 3D Art and/or QA (or knowledge of 3DMAx, Maya, Modo)
- Knowledge of assets creation workflow (High poly -> Low poly)
- Basic Jira knowledge (Creation of Dashboards, Custom filters and custom searches)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools
- Basic understanding of Photoshop and how Material/Normal maps work
- Advanced Jira knowledge is a plus
- Experience in working with game engines is a plus
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö, Sweden and part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 750 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform.
You can also find a summary of the Massive Job Perks here .
All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.