Wizards of the Coast
Renton, Washington, United States
11 days ago
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We are seeking an experienced, proactive Technical Artist to support the game for both PC and Mobile platforms. Tech Art’s goal is to empower the art team to achieve their vision, while meeting the performance requirements of our game and hitting production goals. In this role, you will implement artist tools and automate workflows in our highly iterative pipeline. You will also be responsible for prototyping new art features and art workflow tools, and supporting artists to achieve the excellent visual bar set by the paper product -all while ensuring our games run as efficiently as possible for our dedicated and passionate players.
What you’ll do
- Troubleshoot technical issues with Unity, Maya, and the asset pipeline
- Implement assets in Unity and test functionality
- Build rigs and skin meshes
- Develop and maintain Unity behavior scripts in C#
- Capture and communicate technical dependencies required by features in the concept phase
- Advise developing art processes and pipeline strategies for content creation and organization
- Communicate regularly with producers to help planning and prioritization tasks
- Maintain and improve shaders as needed
- Measure performance on assets and identify potential improvements
What you bring
- 3+years in game development using Maya and Unity
- Aptitude for problem solving, decision making, collaboration & communication
- Prior experience shipping AAA game titles
- Working knowledge of concepts in digital 2D/3D, both in asset creation and in engine
- Artist tool creation using Python/PyMEL for Maya
- Technical proficiency in Unity and a hands-on, solid understanding of C# in Unity
- Strong grasp of rendering and shaders such as CG/HLSL
- Strong creative problem-solving skills
- Understanding of animation/rigging workflows and state-machines
- Self-managing, with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Expertise in character kinematics, deformations, and edge loop topology.
- Highly proficient in character rigging and skinning
- Proven 3D and/or animation background
- Experience working with mobile games and pipelines
- Have shipped a AAA PC or mobile game as a technical artist
- Skill in one or more related art fields, especially VFX
We are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.