This job might no longer be available.
London, Greater London, England, United Kingdom
9 months ago
Based in Guildford, Wargaming UK is looking for an exceptionally skilled Technical Artist to assist in the creation of the next big free-to-play title from Wargaming, the company that brought us World of Tanks and one of the strongest free-to-play PC game companies in the world.
The candidate will have to be a hardworking self-motivated team player who is able to work closely with the Lead Technical Artist, Art Director and Art Manager to create and be responsible for large sections of the game.
They will need to possess excellent verbal and written skills and be able to both take critique and give feedback to external partners as well as fully participating in group discussions.
In this position you will be working within a multidisciplinary team of developers in a global community and will have the ability to both share your hard-earned knowledge and continue to develop your skill set by learning from your teammates.
We are looking for someone with a good sense of humour who can integrate themselves seamlessly into our team and studio culture
Applications without a portfolio will not be considered .
The Senior Environment Artist will report to the Lead Technical Artist/Art Manager
What will you do?
- Support the development of the art tools pipeline
- Investigate and develop shaders in conjunction with graphics programmers
- Pro-actively seek improvements within the art team’s workflow
- Prototype new techniques and processes
- Support both internal and external teams
- Collaborate with the Art Director to deliver innovation and drive quality
- Assist the Art Manager in planning within this discipline
What are we looking for?
- 2+ years production art experience in the gaming industry
- At least 2 published games
- Excellent 3ds Max scripting skills
- Outstanding knowledge of Python
- Exceptional technical knowledge of 3ds Max
- A 3d asset production background such as vehicles and or environments
- A deep understanding of Unreal 4 development experience with at least one released title
- Expertise in scene optimisation
- Diligent self-management around both individual and team tasks, schedule and budgets
- Strong organizational skills with adherence to optimization and asset management
What additional skills will help you out?
- Expertise in developing large scale environments in Unreal
- Experience in other scripting and programming languages (C#/ C++)
- Ability to identify and resolve issues within art production processes
- A relevant degree
- Samples of your work displaying tool development
- Passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!