London, Greater London, England, United Kingdom
4 days ago
Does the challenge of creating an exciting AAA Free to Play game at a new studio excite you? Here at Wargaming UK you have the chance to join a new creative project at the early stages of game development. You can leave your mark on the game and be part of creating something truly unique.
We are self-publishing our own title, and are fully funded by Wargaming.net, one of the biggest publishers of FTP games in the world. Our studio leadership are industry veterans, and we believe we’re building a great studio culture in the best studio space in Guildford. If you think you have the talent to join a world class team, we’d love you to come and look at our studio.
See what press are saying about our new project:
The Senior Environment Artist will report to the Lead Technical Artist
What will you do?
- Support the development of the art tools pipeline
- Investigate and develop shaders in conjunction with graphics programmers
- Pro-actively seek improvements within the art team’s workflow
- Prototype new techniques and processes
- Support both internal and external teams
- Collaborate with the Art Director to deliver innovation and drive quality
- Assist the Art Manager in planning within this discipline
What are we looking for?
- 2+ years production art experience in the gaming industry
- At least 2 published games
- Excellent 3ds Max scripting skills
- Outstanding knowledge of Python
- Exceptional technical knowledge of 3ds Max
- A 3d asset production background such as vehicles and or environments
- A deep understanding of Unreal 4 development experience with at least one released title
- Expertise in scene optimisation
- Diligent self-management around both individual and team tasks, schedule and budgets
- Strong organizational skills with adherence to optimization and asset management
What additional skills will help you out?
- Expertise in developing large scale environments in Unreal
- Experience in other scripting and programming languages (C#/ C++)
- Ability to identify and resolve issues within art production processes
- A relevant degree
- Samples of your work displaying tool development
- Passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!