Bellevue, WA, United States
2 days ago
As a technical artist at Unity, you will work on productions to drive forward the development of cutting edge features and workflows making it easier for creators to design new worlds and characters. You will learn our engine’s capabilities, then help us expand them by building compelling gameplay that showcase the best way to use new features and pipelines so other Unity users can easily craft incredible visual experiences. Most importantly, you will work with an exciting and high-energy team and use the best and most technologically-impressive real-time experiences and games in the world.
- Develop and maintain art production workflow/pipeline by writing scripts/tools to aid artists to create content more efficiently
- Maintain the integrity of art pipelines by identifying inefficiencies and recommending and implementing improvements
- Maintaining overall performance and memory budgets for real-time projects driven by the team
- Troubleshoot key pipeline issues and solve core problems in cooperation with the development team
- Support the technical art needs of art production for vertical slices of gameplay
- Facilitate technical art communication across disciplines by providing clear and constructive feedback and guidance
- Push the graphical quality of Unity’s real-time graphics features to achieve the highest levels of visual excellence
- Work closely with R&D feature developers to ensure feature and workflow development enable teams of all sizes to build amazing content for their projects
- Collaborate with teams and R&D to promote innovation and refine the visual quality of our demos, and the Unity engine
- Passionate about advancing content creation and improving existing workflows
- Game industry experience, specifically in a technical artist role
- Shipped 1+ AAA title as a Technical Artist
- Tech-fluency in at least one development language, such as Python, MEL, C# or C++
- Expert-level familiarly with popular digital content creation software such as Maya, 3DS Max, Substance suite, Houdini
- Experience working in Unity, Unreal, and/or other major production engines
- Ability to create art content that is performant for runtime and appropriate for modern game hardware
- Experience working on a wide range of tech art projects, regarding art tools, graphics engines, and game hardware
- Expert-level familiarity with developing tools for environment art creation and workflow
- Able to present (internally and externally) a clear vision of how work addresses problems and requirements
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with multiple disciplines
- Excellent communication, documentation and organizational skills
- Experience with procedural content creation
- Experience writing shaders
- Strong UX design skills
- Experience in a leadership role
- Professional 3D modeling experience (hard surface, or environment preferred)
- Experience building content for mobile platforms like Android and iOS
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.