8 days ago
Ubisoft Abu Dhabi is seeking for an experienced multi-skilled Technical Artist to act as a bridge between the Artists and Programmers working on a mobile game. The Technical Artist will ensure art assets can be easily integrated into a game without sacrificing either the overall artistic vision or exceeding the technical limits of the chosen platform.
What you’ll do:
- Drive the implementation and integration of in-game assets
- Create Benchmark assets and process following and explaining the constraints on the project keeping the visual integrity in line with the artistic direction
- Point of contact on the art side on the process and performance issues in-game
- Propose optimal solutions while investigating run-time performance issues
- Bridge the gap by assisting the programming team with implementing tool and features related to art
- Liaise between art team and various stakeholders to provide support for interdisciplinary efforts
What you bring:
- Experience with Unity Engine is a must
- Strong digital art and optimization skills with knowledge of modern content creation process (character creation, animation, rigging, environment assets)
- Experienced in creating custom pipeline for the project accordingly (modeling/animation)
- Well-versed in custom Shader development and particle effects creation
- Extensive scripting experience for creating custom Maya, Max plugins (python, MAXscript, etc…)
- Strong proactive problem solving attitude
- 3D Environment Modelling
- Experience in working a range of devices from mobile to console
- Excellent communication skills and ability to write clear documentation
- Attention to detail from both technical and artistic perspectives
- Strong problem-solving and intuitive development skills
- Fast and willing learner
- 3 years as a Technical Artist or related experience
- Shipped 2 or more mobile games using Unity
To all recruitment agencies: Ubisoft does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Ubisoft employees or any other company location. Ubisoft is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Opened in October 2011, Ubisoft Abu Dhabi is one of the first major video game studios based in the UAE capital and is focusing on developing and bringing to market successful mobile games for a worldwide audience.
This position is based in the vibrant expat city of Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates. Abu Dhabi is multi-cultural city, based on an island in the Persian Gulf and 1-hour drive from Dubai. Abu Dhabi offers vibrant social and forward-thinking cultural lifestyle. It has an array of experiences and events including pristine beaches, Formula 1, Theme Parks, Louvre Museum, vibrant nightlife and year-round sunshine. Having ranked number 1 for the past 4 years in a row as the safest city in the world (Numbeo), providing a great home and standard of living.
Ubisoft Abu Dhabi successfully released two hidden-object / investigation free-to-play mobile titles: CSI: Hidden Crimes™ and NCIS: Hidden Crimes™. With the acquisition in February 2017 of the massive multiplayer free-to-play game Growtopia, the studio works on the title’s live operations. The team keeps focusing its efforts on creating further content for its live games and strengthening its player’s engagement in addition to work on other unannounced projects.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.