10 days ago
Who are Timbre Games?
Timbre Games are a Vancouver based early-stage game development studio with over 100 years of founding leadership. We believe culture drives creative, where we draw on community and diversity to build truly unique experiences.
Our mission is to build a world class network of Game Studios; to provide accessible awesomeness to our players, to our team, to the world.
Everyone has a story. Come write yours!
Who you are:
As a human, you’re a visionary explorer, a pursuer of fun, and focused on building community. You see an opportunity within games to do more and to have more than “ just a job”. You’ve had unique experiences both at work and personally that have expanded your curiosities to seek the root of a problem, to seek out issues, and work with people to explore solutions! Your experiences have made you who you are, and that has led to you understanding the importance of diversity in both thinking and in people. Oh, and games… You may like those, too!
Who you are at work:
You lead with humility in all that you do. When you have a problem that leaves you scratching your head, you lean in for support from your team and collaborate to solve that problem. You connect with people through humour and curiosity and use that communication style to take high level ideas from others and create what they’re thinking! You are excited at being on the cutting edge of technology, bringing products to life and being the voice for Technical Art.
What impact will you have as a Technical Artist at Timbre:
- Being our first Technical Artist, you’ll bring strategy and direction to our Technical Art department as we start integrating assets into our first game
- Build customizable procedural generation tools within Unreal, that makes the lives of our Art team so much easier!
- Be the key bridge between Artists and Engineers, understanding their needs to build out unique Timbre solutions
- Provide recommendations for tools that optimize and improve the creative process
- Document pipeline and tools development process for now and future Timbre teammates!
Your track record may include:
- 4+ years of experience working within the creative industries
- Highly skilled communication, both verbally and digitally, to different disciplines within the studio
- Deep understanding of 3D art pipeline tools (Maya, Houdini, etc)
- Past experience building shaders and procedurally generated custom tools
- A beautifully crafted gaming experience!
About Timbre Games:
Timbre Games are headed up by industry veterans in beautiful Vancouver, BC. Our experience stretches through mobile to AAA (think Gears of War, the Sims, SSX, FIFA, Age of Empires, among others!). We’re excited to build a ‘playoff ready’ studio that is centered on creativity, humour and diversity. We can’t wait to share our first project that we’re secretly working away on, and we welcome your application with open arms as we grow a world-class studio here in Canada!
· Competitive salary & benefits
· Annual bonus & RRSP matching
· 20 days paid vacation, plus Christmas week off
· Remote / Work from home / Flexible hours
· Open door policy with direct access to leadership
· Industry veterans with a wealth of knowledge to share
Timbre Game’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Timbre recognizes the importance of creating an environment where all our employees feel included and empowered. We believe that culture drives creative, we value each employee’s unique experiences and perspectives across our company and recognize that it is both the smart and right thing to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization.
By diversifying our workforce, increasing equality, and ensuring that our individual differences are valued, we are better able to deliver an experience that reflects, inspires, and connects with our audience... because games are for everyone!
DO I NEED TO MEET ALL CRITERIA TO APPLY?
Definitely not! If you share our mission of creating games that are accessible for everyone, we’d love to meet you and see what is possible!
If you believe you are who we’re looking for, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please upload a link to your portfolio for us to review!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.