3 days ago
As a Technical Artist at Space Ape you’ll be crucial to the effective development and integration of our games’ art assets. Working across all our game teams you’ll design, develop and maintain the DCC and rigging pipelines that enable the artists to work to their full potential, and use your broad knowledge of digital art creation to provide help and advice to the broader art team. Contributing to the art assets from our diverse portfolio of games will mean you’ll see your work in player’s hands regularly, and the relationships you’ll develop with artists and engineers alike will position you at the center of the Space Ape dev teams. You’ll face new challenges every day, and need to continually expand on your already deep knowledge to effectively serve the needs of the artists that rely on you.
It’s an incredibly exciting time here at Space Ape Games. We have projects at all stages of the development cycle, along with a fast paced environment that promotes genuine autonomy. We recently global launched our exciting new music game, Beatstar! We are also working on a new multiplayer game set in the Boom Beach universe.
Check out our artstation to get a glimpse of the other genres we’ve been working on.
- Design, develop and maintain our DCC, rigging, and pipeline tools
- Work closely with artists to give them the tools they need to make world class content
- Manage your own workload, and enjoy the independence and trust that working at Space Ape provides
- Integrate assets and fix art bugs in engine
- Solve technical art problems, learning new tools or skills as required to add to your already extensive knowledge
- Good knowledge of Maya, Python and PySide/PyQt
- An understanding of software architecture and good coding practices
- Can create rigging tools for use in high end animation
- The ability to write clean, maintainable code, making use of unit testing and similar methods
- An appreciation for working on specific technical art bugs as well as the larger pipeline vision for the studio
- Experience with designing, creating and maintaining 3D content pipelines for medium to large size art teams
- An up to date awareness of industry trends in regards to contents tools, workflows and pipelines
- A self starter attitude, someone who can manage and prioritise their own workload
- Can communicate effectively with artists and engineers of various degrees of technical art knowledge
Why Space Ape is right for you
- Be a part of one of several small empowered teams who inspire and challenge one another in the pursuit of our mission
- Autonomy to make your own impact with the support to help it happen
- Designated ‘Ape Space’ creative time where you are free to work on game concepts and ideas away from your day to day
- The freedom to further your skill set the way you want with a generous training budget
- An award winning studio that has been crowned one of the best companies to work for in the UK by gamesindustry.biz for the last 5 years in a row.
- Help run and create games which bring joy to millions of players all over the world
- 4.7/5.0 Glassdoor rating - Check out our reviews
- Entered a long-term strategic partnership with Supercell in 2017
- Competitive salary & stock options
About Space Ape
At Space Ape we pride ourselves on our passion and the trust we place in our people. We look for passionate, productive, team players who are relentless in their pursuit of our mission. There’s no bureaucracy here, we just get things done. Space Ape’s mission is to make the highest quality and most successful mobile games in the world. Founded in 2012 we’ve since launched five games that have been installed by over 100 million people and generated over $250m revenue.
We are part of the Supercell family, giving access to some of the most talented game makers on the planet.
Our studio is currently 120 strong and built around the belief that small empowered teams make the best games. This philosophy enables us to innovate, move faster and have the creative ownership required to make the greatest games on mobile.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.