Toronto ON M6K3M9 Canada
10 days ago
Sago Mini is hiring a Technical Artist for a full-time contract position. You’ll join a team of designers, developers, artists, builders, thinkers, and doers who make apps that delight both kids and parents around the world. As a Technical Artist on the Sago Mini School team you will be responsible for bridging the gap between our artists, programmers, and sound designers. Your understanding of the project's artistic vision and technical constraints make you the perfect person to efficiently export assets and integrate them into our Unity projects. You’ll need to be comfortable with Illustrator or Animate and the Unity game engine. This role is a great opportunity for a recent graduate or someone with a few years of experience under their belt.
- Experience using Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Animate to edit, layout, organize, and export art assets.
- Comfortable importing and integrating assets into Unity projects.
- Excited to explore our past projects for inspiration and to methodically peel back the layers until you understand how something is built.
- Able to look at an interaction and articulate why it "feels" good or bad.
- A strong eye for visual design and an unhealthy appreciation for pixel perfect accuracy.
- Familiar using version control systems like Git to keep projects organized.
- While this is not a game developer role any Unity/C# programming experience is considered an asset.
- Eager to learn new things and solve hard problems.
- Thrive working in an agile environment and enjoy juggling multiple projects at once.
- Being a clear and confident communicator.
- A degree in game design, game programming, or a portfolio of relevant experience.
If this sounds like a job for you, then don’t be shy and reach out and say ‘Hello’. Send us a cover letter telling us why you are excited to work at Sago Mini along with a link to your portfolio.
Sago Mini is an award-winning company devoted to play. With over 40 million downloads, 35 apps and a line of physical toys, Sago Mini brings thoughtful design to life for preschoolers and parents worldwide. Based in Toronto, Sago Mini is a subsidiary of Toca Boca, the No. 1 mobile-first kids brand in the App Store. Both companies are part of Spin Master Corp., a global children’s entertainment company that creates, designs and manufactures a diversified portfolio of innovative toys, games, products and entertainment properties. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people who care about doing great work. Sago Mini is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company.