11 days ago
We're seeking a talented Technical Artist to join our team and collaborate with artists, designers, and developers to create engaging and visually stunning game experiences. As a Technical Artist, you'll be responsible for bridging the gap between art and technology, ensuring that assets are optimized for performance and that creative vision is implemented effectively in the game engine.
Founded in 2018, Redhill Games holds a unique position in the Finnish gaming industry. Our studio is dedicated to co-developing leading action-adventure games, setting us apart as a one-of-a-kind presence in Finland. With experienced leadership and an outstanding development team, we offer the opportunity to collaborate with some of the best AAA studios in the industry.
When we look for new team members, we love to see passion, integrity, and team spirit. We value responsibility and character – we are all different but have a common purpose. We respect each other’s talent and contribution. As part of our international team, you'll connect with gamers who share your passion, ensuring there's always someone to play with!
Our HQ is conveniently located in downtown Helsinki, easily accessible via public transportation and providing excellent access to the wide range of services the beautiful capital of Finland offers.
- Working with several different disciplines including lighting, rigging, and animation - supporting on different tasks
- Working closely with animators, programmers, and artists to solve problems in the content creation process
- Demonstrate creativity and technical ability within the constraints of PC development
- Providing hands-on support to artists and engineers in regard to asset performance and validation
- Helping to review the creative process and identify opportunities for tool improvements
- Developing 3D art pipeline tools and extensions with an eye toward usability and efficiency
- Creating shaders and materials.
- Optimize art assets for real-time performance and ensure that they meet the technical requirement
- Develop and maintain tools and scripts that improve the efficiency and quality of art production
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies to ensure that art production methods are current and effective
- Experience with 3Ds Max / Maya / Houdini in the gaming industry
- At least one shipped PC or console game title
- Understanding of rigging and animation
- Understanding and hands-on experience with game engines (Unity / Unreal / Proprietary)
- Professional experience as a technical artist/tools programmer
- Experience modelling and art tools (Autodesk Maya, 3DS Max, Photoshop, etc.)
- Experience in a full digital art content creation pipeline (high and low-poly modelling, unwrapping, baking, texturing, level art)
- Experience in art content creation
- Ability to balance quality and technical constraints
- Ability to work with technical documentation
Additional skills that will help you stand out:
- Experience with multiplayer games and games as a service
- Good artistic skills (proportions, light, colour, composition)
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, C++, or C#
- A strong eye for visual aesthetics and a passion for creating engaging game experiences
- Comprehensive healthcare insurance, which includes limited dental coverage.
- 5 weeks of paid holiday, flexible working hours and commitment to an excellent work-life balance.
- Competitive salary and an annual profit-sharing scheme.
- Well-being benefits include lunch, entertainment, and commuting benefits.
- Start an exciting journey in Helsinki, Finland! We offer a seamless transition with our personalized relocation and integration services.
At Redhill Games, our recruitment, hiring, and retention practices are designed to ensure equal opportunities for all applicants and employees. We celebrate and embrace diversity in our team with representation from over 25 nationalities! We are proud of the different cultures, backgrounds, and perspectives that our employees bring to the table, and we firmly believe that building an inclusive work environment is essential for promoting creativity, innovation, and collaboration.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.