13 days ago
Do you like shaders? Content Pipelines? Tooling? Well holy smokes do we have the role for you! Our studio is in it's very early stages, and we’re looking for a super sharp entrepreneurial technical artist who wants to help set our studio up for success for the long run by helping set the technical vision for how we create content that is not only visually compelling, but also performant and extensible. You’d be working closely with our first few engineers and artists to define well...pretty much everything you could be excited to work on, so if that sounds like you're jam then we'd love to chat!
- Set the technical vision for our content pipeline from start to finish.
- Utilizing your creative mind to find awesome methods to speed up implementation.
- Utilize modern techniques to optimize our content creation.
- Establish our content library structure for future extensibility
- Help create the shared language between art, tech, and product, so that we’re able to build a high functioning, high performing cross functional team.
- Contribute design ideas for our first prototypes, everyone on our team will help shape the games we build as a studio.
- 2+ years experience as a tech artist in games or entertainment industry
- Experience with modern game engines (we’re using Unreal but Unity is great too).
- Effective communicator who can speak to people from different disciplines and create understanding of constraints and opportunities.
- Great critical thinker who can draw on a wealth of knowledge and examples from games you’ve played or built over the years.
- Solid Team Player - you're excited to work as part of a small knit team, and your teammates are pumped to work with you.
- Flexibility - we're so early on, and our team is so small that we're all going to be wearing multiple hats. You should be excited by the opportunity to get to expand your knowledge!
- Effective working autonomously. We’re still small, but even as we get larger we don’t plan on having someone look over your shoulder every day; we want you to feel comfortable allocating your time wisely and making good on your commitments.
- Genuine ambition and excitement to rise to the challenge of trying to help us take on the titans of the industry.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with procedural generation techniques.
- Experience designing games, or working closely with game designers
Things you don’t need:
- A fancy big name studio on your resume. We care far more about your personal competency and potential, not where you’ve worked.
- A degree (unless needed for immigration) - some of the best creatives we’ve ever worked with never finished school, why would you be any different.
- Dental/Vision/Pharmacare coverage. Canada has universal health care, so you and your family don't need to worry about health insurance.
- Open paid-time-off policy with 2 week minimum enforced by the company. We trust you to take time off when you need it.
- Competitive salaries (benchmarked to Canada) that value your experience and dedication.
- Stock options in an early stage startup. We want you to be motivated to stick with us for the long haul.
- Annual game stipend. We can all learn so much from new games coming out.
- Relocation & Immigration Assistance
Odyssey Interactive is a Canadian Game Development studio formed around the mantra of building "Games you Live". We believe that the best games are the ones you think about long after you put them down, that help you feel like you're a part of something bigger than yourself, and that you believe you can invest in for years to come.
We're on a mission to build games with the same emotional potential as the games we fell in love with growing up, but designing them with a mobile first mindset. We believe the next generation of gamers is going to the be most connected, the most diverse, and the most relentlessly driven generation this world has ever seen - and for them phones aren't just a tool, they're an extension of their body. We believe they deserve the same quality of games that we feel in love with so many years ago.
The founding team is comprised of 4 former leads from Riot Games where we led teams such as a the League of Legends Balance Team, the League of Legends Champion Design team, and the development of Teamfight Tactics - and are excited to try to build a world class studio with an awesome team...a team that you could be a part of!