Palo Alto, CA
6 months ago
Build the future of mobile games with MZ!
As a global leader in mobile gaming, we’re dedicated to developing games the world can’t wait to experience. Games like Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire, Mobile Strike, and Game of War: Fire Age.
We build massive mobile games that break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. Our team pushes the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem.
As a studio, we are masters of our own destiny, untethered by the traditional publisher model. Every update and feature creates amazing experiences for millions of players!
Machine Zone is seeking an experienced Technical Artist to join our Game Engineering team. This role will work closely with both Art and Engineering teams to provide efficient workflows and tools with delightful user experiences. Candidates must be proficient in scripting or coding.
What you'll be doing:
- Establish and promote technical best practices for content creators
- Be the first responder to our content creators when technical issues arise in both proprietary and commercial software tools
- Partner with artists and other content creators to develop intuitive, effective tools
- Collaborate with engineers to facilitate a smooth flow of assets from art to in-game
Your background and who you are:
- 3-5+ years experience as a Technical Artist or TD in the entertainment industry
- Knowledge of Computer Graphics fundamentals
- Working knowledge of Maya or similar 3D content tools
- Scripting skills in Python, preferably object-oriented
- Aptitude for troubleshooting CG issues
- Experience with git and/or Perforce
- Experience working with technical and non-technical software users
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a proactive attitude towards being the bridge between Engineering and Art departments
- Interest in staying up-to-date with the latest real-time mobile technologies
- Working knowledge of Maya API
- Experience with asset management tools
- Experience working with proprietary Game Engines
- Experience scripting in Lua
MZ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.