4 months ago
This position will begin as a Work-From-Home arrangement; but, as COVID restrictions are lifted, it may transition to being completely onsite in our Austin, Texas studio.
To be considered for this position you MUST be a resident of AL, AZ, FL, or TX.
The video games industry represents the pinnacle of interactive digital content. At Keywords, we are using our passion for games, technology and media to create a global services platform for video games and beyond. We aim to become the “go-to” provider of technical services. By working as their external development partner, we enable leading content creators and publishers to leverage our expertise and capacity across the lifecycle of interactive content. In doing so, we enable our clients who are operating in complex and fast moving environments to remain lean and agile, and to focus on creating and monetizing the most engaging experiences. We are trusted and relied upon by many of the world’s leading video game companies to work alongside them during concept, development and live operations by leveraging the breadth and depth of our industry leading service lines every step of the way.
MARCHING CUBE STUDIO:
We are Marching Cube, an Austin studio founded by a team of passionate developers who have created games together since 2005. We have worked on some of the biggest titles and most respected brands, and we have spent the last fifteen years working together on both original IP and licensed brands. We are known for our artistic vision, our innovation in gameplay, and for the respect and passion that we give the brands we are entrusted with.
Marching Cube (a Keywords studio) is looking for a Technical Artist with experience in Unreal Engine 4 or Unity. The Ideal candidate has experience in video games industry already, but we're willing to train the right candidate with an impressive enough portfolio.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- R&D workflows, tools, and pipelines
- Character rigging
- Tool creation
- Shaders & materials
- Optimize and improve performance
- Providing technical support to artists
- Collaborating between artists and engineers
- Troubleshooting and problem solving technical issues
- At least 1 year of experience as a technical artist in the video games industry but willing to train right candidate.
- Experience in modern game engines such as Unreal or Unity
- Experience in 3D modeling software
- Experience in FX content creation
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in HLSL shader coding
- Experience working in animation and rigging
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- Voluntary Long-term / Short-term Disability
- 401K w/ company match