12 days ago
GameSim is searching for a skilled and driven Technical Artists to join our team. As a Technical Artist Gamesimian you should have a broad knowledge of art creation for games. Should understand modeling, texturing, and animation fundamentals. Should be able to combine geometry, materials, effects to create complex art in multiple engines. You should also be able to work within a large team supporting the more technical aspects of creating and integrating art.
- Create complex materials for characters, weapons, and environments.
- Establish workflows and tools for other artists to utilize when making unique assets.
- Execute on a range of visual effects styles from realistic to stylized
- Work with engineers and artists to optimize content for many platforms.
- Manage multiple complex tasks
- Asset export and implementation into multiple engines
- Test and verify your work on target hardware
- Links to portfolio (required)
- Resume (required)
- Must have a strong reel/portfolio showing executed game/real time tech art.
- Good understanding of PBR principles and material editors
- Ability to pull many different asset types together to create art for a game.
- Experience modeling and using texturing packagers such as Substance Designer and Painter
- Abilities in secondary areas such as modeling, skinning, animation, or lighting
- Desire to work with a team, supporting other content creators such as modelers, texture artists etc.
- Familiarity with the multiple engine art pipelines
- Experience working on multiple platforms
- Scripting experience Blueprint or other
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Must be able to take critique and art direction
- Passion for video games
- Must be currently eligible to work in the USA. Prefer onsite in Austin, TX or Orlando, FL but remote positions can be negotiated
- One (1) to three (3) years or more experience preferred.
- Multiple openings for this position.
- If you would like to be part of building a visually stunning game and this sounds like a challenge for which you have been looking, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your resume with a portfolio and we will be in touch soon.
- Only online artwork submissions are accepted.
All positions are based out of either our offices in Orlando, FL or Austin, TX.
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- Voluntary Long-term / Short-term Disability
- 401K w/ company match
- Work alongside dynamic individuals in the dubbing and gaming industry
- Work within a company with upward career growth opportunities
Let us help you level-up your future.
GameSim is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by Federal, State, or local law.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.